Thread: I'm sorry TMI...

Red face I'm sorry TMI...

I have noticed the past few days in my undies a light brown discharge, its quite smelly too I had this a couple of months ago and had a swab taken and nothing showed up then it went away. The smell isn't fishy though that was the first question the dr asked me. Sorry too much information! I just don't know what it could be.

I had and still occasionally have a brownish discharge. During pregnancy, our bodily fluids increase and this would just be your cervical mucus. I'm unsure as to why the colour is. Mine, I think, is just breakthrough period bleeding. Very minor of course. It seems to come through when I would normally be having a period.
    My dr is not worried about it.

Here's my TMI opinion (and how I would decide whether to go to the DR or not): If it's a healthy smell I wouldn't worry about it. If it smells wrong or bad (instead of just like your normal odour but stronger) I would go to a DR straightaway. There are lots of yuckko bacteria that can thrive in *ahem* moist environments, and the fishy smell is indicative of only one or two of them.

Thanks It actually does smell a bit like old blood now that I think about it, but I am going to the dr tomorrow anyway so I will mention it to her.

Could be a subchlorinic (sp?) collection, a small one, that is giving a slight discharge of old blood thats mixing with ur mucus? I had similar after a bleeding episode thats what it was, you dont need to have the red bleeding to have one though, they tend to heal in their own time