Thread: INDIGESTION

lucysmummie Guest

Default INDIGESTION

Ok! Im sure EVERY pregnant woman gets this but its drving me mad! Ive tried rennie and quickeze and the other stuff that starts with a M and u disolve it..cant remember the name...HELL I cant remember anything!!!

Anyway so this gives me SOME releif but what else is there to try I drink milk to...but nothing seems to help that well... I get it ALL day from the moment I wake up!!! I sleep on 4 pillows too...

any suggestions????

Do you mean indigestion?

Oh Leah, you poor thing I so understand from what I had last pg You sound exactly the same. Unfortunately, sometimes there's not much you can do - except try and eat smaller portions spaced out through the day. Try not to eat and then go straight to bed and cutting out acidic foods - you're gonna hate this one but tomatoes can be a really bad contributor to indegestion (hmm spelling??) I craved tom and cheese sangers last pg so that was a hard one to give up and I haven't had it as bad this time round but I'm off tomatoes! Chocolate is also another NO NO cause it can give it to you also.

Don't know if I've helped but these are things I know were nightmares for me including spicy type foods. Apart from that if you're carrying really high then there's not much you can do cause your tummy's probably working really hard too and sometimes the little flap that closes after we eat and food hits your stomach can stay sort of open when pg and that cause like reflux which is the food kinda coming back up and making you sick. Anyway, I'm no Dr, these are just bits and pieces I've learnt along the way and may be totally incorrect but they made sense to me when I had it really bad.

Hope I've helped.

xxdd

Melinda Guest

I had savage heartburn when PG with Jacob!!! I totally sympathise!!!

My OB actually prescribed Zantac for me as it was that freaking bad!!! LOL

lucysmummie Guest

He he he I changed the title!! O <<<<BIMBO!

yeah must cut back on the chocolate... I was really good at the staart but now Im kinda havin it a fair bit! The best thing Ive found is chocolate thickshakes...they work for like 5mins but Im sure the chocolate in it wouldnt help afterwards...

Probly something im just gonna have to deal with as im very high and all out front with the belly and I have a small torso as it is....

HEHE its ok pregger brain probably! lol

ive only had heartburn once so far during this pregnancy and i tel ya what i nearly fell off my chair

i thought i was having a heart attach!!!

lucysmummie Guest

thats cool.

Mine actually only started when I was like 21wks... so hopefully it wont hit u like it has me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda
    I had savage heartburn when PG with Jacob!!! I totally sympathise!!!

My OB actually prescribed Zantac for me as it was that freaking bad!!! LOL

Same - I get it bad when I'm NOT pregnant so when I am it's 10 times worse.
    Zantac is available over the counter now and is safe during pregnancy (class B). It is very effective, I don't have any problems with heartburn while I'm on it. If it's very bad you should mention it to your doctor because months of it can cause damage to your throat and oesophegus and you don't have to just put up with it

lucysmummie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    If it's very bad you should mention it to your doctor because months of it can cause damage to your throat and oesophegus and you don't have to just put up with it
    OMIGOODNESS! I didnt know that!!!! Im a singer! I better get some of this stuff It was SO bad last night that if i turned my head to lean on my DH i wold get it and then if I put my head back on my 4pillows it would subside...definatly gonna get some of that stuff!!! THANKS

Melinda Guest

Flea - I had never had heartburn before and when I got it, it was awful! The Zantac definitely did the trick for me.......and from memory I have seen Zantac on the shelves at chemists now, so I'd say you are right and it's available over the counter, without prescription.

I took Zantac each day and it helped dramatically - and yep, you are definitely right that it can damage your throat etc (I know someone who has had problems in this regard!).

lucysmummie Guest

OMIGOODNESS im SO getting it when I goto the chemist hopefully they r open after work!!! I was worried about vomiting for 5months every morning!! [email protected]!!!