Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innies becoming outties

Default Innies becoming outties

This is going to sound like a weird question but when does your navel pop out? And does it do it gradually or do you just wake up one morning and hey presto it's an outtie?

My 'innie' never did fully pop out. It got very small, but I still had a noticeable bellybutton. By about 35 weeks it was flatter, but it will depend on your body too as to how it will look. I have seen some absolute shockers that stick right out LOL, but they are only there for the duration.

I never thought mine would pop......was like a cabbage patch dolls before I was preg so how on earth could it pop?! It did around week 25. At first it would only pop out if I was putting pressure on my belly, like if I was lying on my back and sat up....but now it's permanently out, which I thought I'd HATE but I really like it. It doesn't pop too far and it's (strangely enough) very very soft to stroke (I know, it sounds silly to stroke one's belly button, but it's really nice!).

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Mine never fully popped out either, it was coming out and I had less of a hole like Sherie but I could still put my finger in there, just not as far as I used to be able to.

Hi,

Mine has been threatening to pop out since about 15 wks as well. Im 27 wks now and its half out, the bottom of it is coming out so in a few weeks im sure it will have fully popped out.

Mine went completely flat but didn't actually pop out as such.

I can still fit 1cm+ of finger into my belly button, and if it ever thinks of becoming an outie I'll threaten to cut it off.

Mines already very noticeably flatter!

i'm 15 weeks and had the deepest innie eva i dont think it is going to "pop" out but it is getting less innie and kinda getting wider - time will tell i guess - i'll find it funny if i get an outie

my belly button is normally an outie and it is starting to pop already. I am 15w and i always get like a nose coming out of my belly, Last preg i also had a hernia in it! So that is why mine was out as far as it was. I am curious to see if mine pops as far this time round.
    Jen

Well, I developed a hernia in mine at 20 weeks last time, but as I have had quite a few laparoscopies, I have like a spidersweb like scarring all over the bottom half. My belly button really gets stretched trying to pop out, butcant because of this. i had to make sure to moisturize it last time as it got really stingy. This time, I have noticed that my belly button is alot flatter already at 14 weeks, but dont expect it to pop this time either as i still have the hernia, but that scarring is permanent, so it will just stop it again.

Mine 'innie' is almost flat now!

Im so glad to hear that some peoples start to pop quite early !! I am 15 weeks 2moro and mine is well on its way already, i was starting to think i was some kind of FREAK hehe

well im nearlly 15 weeks and mine has popped already. it was early to with DS, maybe cause i was massive. dont feel bad, mines there already.:eek:

I'm a few days over 15weeks & mines been starting to pop out for the last week. It feels all soft & funny to touch:P.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.
    I'm 15w1d and no sign of mine popping - and maybe it won't - your responses have been a mine of information! Thanks everyone!

Mine hasn't popped out as such but it out. It use to be a nice hole but now its a hole with a hill in the middle. So while it has popped out its not actually sticking out further then the orginal hole, KIWM??

Yes I like to play with it too,its so soft & well almost velvety to touch.

Fiona when i was pg mine was exactly as u've just described - lol - so i totally understood what u meant Except towards the end of the pg when i laughed it would push my belly button out a little - very funny!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast