Thread: Intense Stitch-like Pain

Default Intense Stitch-like Pain

Hi all,

This morning while standing talking to my boss I got the most intense stitch like pain on my right side. Its ok when I am sitting still but if I go to move its really sharp. Its not in my abdomen though, its on my side - like a normal stitch when running/walking but just feels more intense IYKWIM???

I was wondering if maybe cause I slept a little on my right side last night maybe that nerve on that side is going a bit crazy if the baby is resting on it.

Ok I just got it again and its on the side and a litte on my belly upper higher than belly button.....strange and painful!!

What could it be??

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Floss, sweeite I got these when I was preggo with No 1 and it was so intense that I had to bend over and catch my breath. I am pretty sure it is just your ligaments and your belly stretching to make way for bubs!

I agree with Relle. I'm quite sure it's just ligaments too, but if you're worried, call your GP or midwife.

Celsie. xoxox

Thanks girls,

Just went to loo (thought maybe that was why LOL) but I couldn't even (sorry TMI) turn around to wip it was so painful.

Just going to see what its like, give it until 10am and then I might go and rest at home, then if by lunch time its still there will go and see my dr.

Will keep ya posted. Thanks

Shan - was your pain high or low?

I think its slowly going......
    Do like the idea of resting up at home though I do have tomorrow off though I guess

Its seems to have gone now....thank goodness. But I will keep an eye on it.....damn I could see myself lying on the couch watching the tennis

Thanks Shannon, that would be good as i would still like to have a read too

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Floss, mine was in exactly the same place that Shannon described as well, and particularly bad when I walked to and from the station to work

Yep I've had this as well!!! It's horrible especially if you want to do some exercise!!. Mine seems to have eased a bit now so hopefully that will be the case for you also!

Yep, I had it too! When I was prg with DD it would stop me in my tracks when I was trying to excercise and I used to get it every afternoon walking (running) to the station from work.

It's a killer but I was also told it was just ligaments stretching. Glad it's settled down, it's not pleasant!

I get it all the time with this pg, right from 5 weeks. It's the ligaments relaxing and they hurt more easily, but boy can they hurt bad at times!

Now that I'm 22 weeks, it's agony, especially if I sneeze or get up without bracing myself, I dread in another 10 weeks time.

It's the bodies way of relaxing those tight bands around our tummy to make room for bubba

I had it too this pregnancy - usually when I was out walking and would at times have to stop and catch my breath. It seems to have eased up now as I rarely notice any pain at all.

I got that yesterday after my US (lots of pushing around) - had to sit doubled over for a while. Seems to have gone away today though.

By the way - your kidneys are actually around the back, tucked up under the lower part of your ribs. Discomfort round the front is most likely to be the ligamentous stretching just like everyone has mentioned. Unpleasant isn't it??!!!

~Jane~ Guest

I have this now. Mine is the front left side above the hip and nothing seems to help. Even a snooze on the couch didn't help. Glad it's not anything to worry about.

I still get those pains at nearly 37 weeks. I must addmit tho,when i get them now i get a little bit excited coz i think it may be contractions lol

Oh Flossie, I'm so glad you posted this - i have been feeling exactly the same way for the last week or so, and am so so so so glad to hear that a lot of other people have felt the same thing!

Paranoid first time Mum here!!!