Thread: Itchy Eczema in Pregnancy

Default Itchy Eczema in Pregnancy

I have had itchy eczema with this pregnancy, mainly on my legs but also my back, hands, and arms. The ob has prescribed me a cream with a small amount of cortisone, however it is not advisable to use it too much. I have changed from clothes washing liquid detergent to a powder and that has helped a little, and also if I cut out chocolate it seems to help. Any other suggestions of easy changes which may work?

Maybe you could try a different soap that you wash yourself with? During the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy, i had a very itchy rash. It drived me insane!! The thing i found worked was pine tarsel(?sp) It made it stop itching after a few days and then it want away coz i wasnt scratching mysaelf to pieces.

HTH!

i was getting that too, then i switched our soap powder and soap and it went away..

take care
    Lesley

pinetarsol worked wonders for me too during PG.

Thanks girls,

I will try pinetarsal in the bath and hopefully it will reduce my itchiness at night....

Re soaps - I use a mild liquid hand-soap which I have found a little better than bars of soap, but the amount of times I wash my hands in the day (partic due to having a toddler in nappies) seems to aggravate it no matter what I use.