Thread: Just need some reassurance... Alan? Or Micheal...? Anyone really...

Unhappy Just need some reassurance... Alan? Or Micheal...? Anyone really...

Yeah, I bet I'm overreacting, but yesterday Bubble was really quiet, really weak kicks, nothing like the usual beating I get. She also has herself into some sort of routine, and kicks usually about 6am, and then heaps at lunchtime, and then goes absolutely nuts after dinner, and she wakes me up at night usually too.
    But yesterday I got nothing in the morning, barely anything at lunch, and last night I only got a few tiny pokes that I couldn't even feel on the outside. I didn't feel her during the night, and this morning I haven't felt anything either.

She's never been quiet before, only for a few hours at a time, not for almost a whole day. That's normal right? I haven't done anything different. Well on Wednesday I cleaned the bathroom and stuff with Ajax, but it was well ventilated and it's not like I ate it right? That wouldn't have done anything? I got really dizzy yesterday, and last night was feeling really sick and had some BH as well...

I'm just a bit worried after the bleed last Friday. I know, it wasn't anything serious (cervical ectropion) but it really really scared me, and now I just can't stop worrying about her. She did some bug kicks on the weekend, and on Monday and Tuesday, was a bit quiet Wednesday and yesterday. And nothing yet today.

Ok... so really I'm just hoping you'll all say "it's normal, go eat some chocolate and wait it out". I'm just freaking out, and I feel too silly after last week with the bleeding being nothing, my midwife was called in for nothing, I don't want her to have to be called in again just because I'm feeling paranoid. I have an appointment with her next Thursday.

Alisia I don't have any advice for you, only a big

Hi Alisia had the same thing and my Midwife said it may be low blood sugar so to eat breakfast and wait an hour if no movement to call the hospital and get checked out, can't hurt and your midwife is getting paid and for your peace of mind its worth it.
    Good luck hope you get some big kicks

leasha - when in doubt - go to the hospital. Ring them and discuss it -its what they are their for darlin. Don't feel silly, your just taking care of your baby. Sometimes I used to wish that there was a window I could look into make sure my baby was ok.

It is normal to not feel SO much at times, but there will be small movements. Drink a very cold, sweet drink and lay down on your back. Within 1/2 hour you should feel some movements. if not, call your doc/midwife/hspital and tell them you already tried the cold drink and laying down. I've had to do this a few times, and even went in for a quick check!! It is better to check than to leave it, even if just to ease your mind!!! I'm sure all is fine, it is normal, but you know your baby, and if you want a proper check, then your entitled to get one. Let us know how you go babe...

I had this happen to me with Harrison.
    On Christmas day he was active, and on boxing day nothing... not a single movement, then the next day was the same, the day after I went to the hospital just to get him checked, JIC... they put the trace machine thingy on me and straight away, Harrison kicked me so hard! We still traced his movements and found everything was fine... I was told he was probably just sleepy.
    Have you tried having a cold drink and then laying down? I found when all else failed, I could usually get Harrison to move by doing this. If you are concerned, perhaps give your MW a call... she might pop over with the doppler just to reassure you... don't worry about calling her because you're paranoid... I really don't know any pregnant women who aren't paranoid at one time or another.
    Hugs I am sure everything will be fine.
    Lisa

It's always the way. Had some breakfast, then an icy cold water, laid down, and nothing. Probably didn't give it enough time but I wasn't really feeling patient...

I remembered that my dentist appointment is at the hopsital clinic today, so decided to call the antenatal clinic and just see if I can come in while I was there just to check up and wouldn't you know it she whacked me one while I was on the phone to the midwife and hasn't stopped since.

Thanks everyone. I was almost in tears when I wrote that message, and I feel a bit silly again I just can't help but worry. I really do think a window would be a great idea. Maybe I should go buy a doppler so I can stop harassing my midwife

Another thing is that bub may have rolled over and was kicking inwards...

Glad bub started kicking again.. At your next appointment just mention you had a day of slower movements and they might do a trace on her movements

Leasha, glad everything is okay....... Just the start of the worrying!!!
    I have a doppler the best investment I have made during this pregnancy, takes a little while to get used to it, but now I know where the baby is, just sort of trains you to be able to find her. Being further along you should have no problems, even if you don't get the HB you hear the cord or the placenta swooshing. About $40 a month to hire if you don't want to buy one.

Leasha - glad to hear everythign has worked out ok for you

Glad Bubble starting kicking again. Thye worry you some times when you feel less movement. Never feel silly going to the hospital though....thats what they are for, to give you reassurance!

my motto hun - IF IN DOUBT, CHECK IT OUT!!!!!

always keep heaps of ice in the freezer and you can even rub your belly with it to wake her up, or shine a torch on your belly, sometimes they reach out to it and kick it. if you have been avtive she is proably getting rocked to sleep every time she wakes up. as long as you are gettinng 10 movements per day minimum dont worry. she grows when she sleeps. for peace of mind it might be worth keeping a diary of her movements on quiet days.

It happens to me all the time she kicks me heaps one day, and the next nothing. I think they just get sleepy!!

Sounds to my like she is just training you to keep on your toes! Glad to hear that everything is OK

Oh Leash this doesn't have a thing to do with your post but I have to say CUTE BELLY girl!! I was all excited when I saw your sig in a post yesterday... you've really got a baby in there lol. (Have been internet-less for a while!)

Also, bubble is a great name for your bump, Scally was bubble all the way up until she was born lol.

Hi Leasha
    Sorry I have only just seen this post
    But now you don't need me to tell you that it is not unusual for your baby to have a day or two when the kicks/movement are not as strong as normal.
    Also as your baby gets bigger you may notice that the kicks/movement are not as strong as they are at the moment. This is because your baby has less room to move.

Big hugs hun Glad she is all good and active in there. Don't be scared to call the hospital if bub goes super quiet. That's what they are there for! If you end up going into get monitored and she's fine then you've just got the best reassurance you can get!