Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kicking and moving positions

colleeg Guest

Default Kicking and moving positions

Hi all
    just wanted to know when you have felt your baby move- i assume from 18-22 weeks, where have you felt it?
    i am in my 24th week and feel a lot of movement at night but only down low.
    when am i likely to feel movments or kicks up higher passed my bellybutton!
    thanks
    Colleeg O

This is my second pregnancy and I felt some movement as early as 10 weeks, however it was only light - like flutters at that point. I am now just over 20 weeks and I am feeling kicks, low down - just under my belly button. Last night was the first time I noticed feeling the kicks from the outside with my hand rested on my tum.

*Megan* Guest

I am 19 weeks and not movement as yet - apparently I should be feeling something any day now......

Megan

Hey Berry

I am glad that there is someone out there who felt movement so early!!

I am pregnant with #3 and whe I told the ob that I was sure I was feeling movement already at 10 weeks, he told me I must be dreaming!

Having said that, with my previous 2 pregnancies I started feeling flutters at around 13 weeks. No one believed me then either!!

Quite often babus moves more at night time as they are comforted and rocked to sleep by your activity (ie walking etc). That's why they say to rock your baby when it is unsettled as it mimics being in the womb!!

Best wishes

With my first pregnancy I felt it from 17 wks.

With my second pregnancy I felt it from 15wks.

Love

I felt a flutter at 13 weeks and thought that I was just imaging it because it was too early. Maybe it was the baby and it wasn't in my mind?

Gemma.

colleeg Guest

when do you think the kicks will be felt higher up? im assuming they spend a lot of time down lower until the uterus is larger- therefor there is more room?

Colleeg

I felt movements from 16 weeks. Felt the kicks up high from about 24 weeks, coz that's when she turned upside down and stayed that way til birth.

Debbie Lee Guest

I didn't feel my first definite kicks until I was about 22 weeks (from memory). I had felt flutters but I didn't know they were flutters until I could be sure.
    The kicks started off down low then slowly I started getting them higher. After a few weeks, they were in line with my belly button.
    Now, at 31 weeks, I get kicks all over the shop. I didn't realise how high up bubs could go! Sometimes I watch my belly going spaz at the baby has a dance party inside my belly. It is very cool!

I was stressing when I hadn't felt kicks for such a long time but, honestly, it'll happen so don't stress like I did!

colleeg Guest

wow thats amazing bieleemorris,
    i guess you just think that they move all over the place when you first feel it! but i suppose until they get more developed moves they get closer up.

i have also been told that the bigger they get especially latter on you feel the moves more & are stronger cas they have less room to move!

colleeg

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh definitely! Earlier in the pregnancy, I could feel movements but not see them. Now I can see them. My belly looks like the ocean sometimes with the way Little Nobba (our nick-name for bubs because Daddy's nick name is Nobba) moves around.
    The most bizarre feeling is when you feel the head or the butt as they roll around. It's not a jabbing sensation like kicks. You can literally feel the baby roll around and see it slide across your belly. It's so cool!

I am waiting for the day that I will see in imprint of a foot or hand. At the moment, I can't really distinguish between body parts because I don't know which way bubs is facing. I can now see why women that have had their babies say they miss the feeling - it's quite out of this world!

firsttimedad Guest

Nae felt baby move at about 19-20wks and I started feeling movement at about 22-23wks it was so exciting...However now I sure he is fighting the title fight when he moves. I can certainly feel movement...hehe

Rob

I have been feeling flutters for a couple of weeks now but right now bean is fluttering all over the place - i love it. Cant wait for the bigger movements and for DH to be able to feel them.

I first felt fluttery movements at 11wks, 4 days (first pregnancy), DH felt him at 13 weeks. Only just yesterday I felt him above my belly button, I am 25wks and 4 days along.

Take Care

Deeanne

I felt little bubbles at 14 weeks - it is so exciting when you realise that is bubs there! I felt the first proper kick at 19 weeks. Those 5 weeks were the longest as I hardly felt bubs at all and was stressing.

Full on kicks up high haven't happened until about 30 weeks I guess? The past 5 weeks bubs has been very active and he has my stomach move in all sorts of directions! It is the best feeling and I can understand that once he comes out, I will miss that part.

Scarlett Guest

I think I was about 18wks before I was sure that it was bub I was feeling. Full on stuff though was maybe 24-25 wks. Pregnancy brain prevents me from remembering I think.

I've been feeling movement since 15w6d. At first it was just like someone trying to tickle me on the inside but it's gradually gotten stronger and since around 18w I've gotten a few strong thumps. It's always been low down so far though.

i felt the first movements around a week or two ago, were nothing much but the last week he hasnt stopped, very active and reassuring.
    Son and hubby got to feel their first kick today so they were happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast