Thread: kicks

maggie Guest

Default kicks

Hi, just wondering how many movements others feel at appr 26/27weeks. SOme days i feel really hard kicks, which almost startle me, and other days i can see the kicks thru my belly, then the nxt day, there could be still hardly any movment. I know before 28w we shouldnt monitor or take any real notice of fetal movement. but just curious , if others get like strong kicks on the hr, or every frw hrs, may get a few kicks, or are they still just getting flutters as well as kicks. thanks

this is normal Maggie, also depends on your weight too, for me I am overweight just over 100kgs my babies kicks range from small kicks, to flutters to maybe 2 hard kicks a day, generally moving every 4 hours but everyone's baby is different. You can do what they calla kick chart and see if your baby moves regularly during the day/night..My OB says best to lie on your side and concentrate on feeling the baby in a quiet room.

maggie Guest

Emma, love your website, good for you to doing it......... hmm maybe i should get onto doing one

As well Maggie, I reckon that I don't notice the movements I used to, since I feel them so much these days, if that makes sense.
    At the start I would freeze and think 'was that something?' whereas now, I don't think it registers with my body so much. If I stopped and concentrated more, I might notice more.
    Depends how busy you are too, if you're moving around lots or doing things, you might not have your focus on the movements?

Maggie ... also some babies are real wrigglers and others are a bit more sedate. Mine was a wriggler. My sister told me her first never stopped moving but the second one was much quieter.

Lorin Guest

at 24 weeks which i am at now, my baby will move so much that i stop what i am doing so i can feel all its little movements, because sometimes i dont feel any thing, i have a small figure so i would imagin to be able to feel all movements, or atleast alot of them. Which i guess i do but some days i get worried because i dont feel it doing anything. I beleive all babies are different some may be lazy babies and some active. My partner recons when ours gets kicking its pratising its soccer skills where as i recon its stretching for Balle... See how we agree on everything he he.

maggie Guest

Thanks guys for the reassurance..... you are all wonderful.