Thread: Kicks/movements feeling different?

Default Kicks/movements feeling different?

Hi, I've noticed over the past few days that when Bob kicks now it feels different. It's like he's now kicking inwards toward all my organs rather than the nice kicks I was getting before. I still get some outward type of movements every now and then, but most of them are the inward ones which is kinda uncomfortable. He's also made a great game out of using my bladder as a soccerball I've been feeling Bob since 15 weeks or so and DH felt him before 18 weeks. We've also been told at all three u/s that he's VERY active.

Could this just be because he's turned or something? Is it normal? I'm not really worried, just curious as there is a real difference in the movements.

DisGirl
    Don't worry hun. It is just because of the position he's in

I've been noticing sometimes if I stand up, then my tummy (ok, lower abdomen) feels very "tight". Almost painful. If I sit down again and wait a few mins, it seems to loosen up. Not sure if this is cause Blobble has moved into a weird spot, or something else. But its weird.

Kaz, I wonder if they are Braxton Hicks? I haven't felt any yet, but that kinda sounds like it could be them.

He also might have had a growth spurt where they get more of a surge in energy and look out mum!

Even though it hurts, omg know that feeling, be greatful he is healthy and "STRONG"!

Maybe he loves the home he is residing in and lifes all happy for him!

It all does sound very normal to me, before too long he will have turned yet again and will do so till he runs out of room.

If you touch your bump does he kick back yet? Thats a fun game to play with babes before they are born.

How you feeling now anyway?

I wish Soul - DH keeps talking but hasn't been kicked in the face yet, much to his disgust.

Soul, what you said makes perfect sense! Last night Bob was having a bit of a party in there LOL DH was amazed at just how much movement he could feel and how STRONG the movements were. He seemed to have moved back the other way too, as the movements felt more 'external' again - much more comfy and fun.

We did a little poking and loved watching Bob kick my phone off my tummy. He also reacts when we put a cold glass on my tummy.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DisGirl View Post
    He also reacts when we put a cold glass on my tummy.

We're soooo going to try that tonight

Oh my sweet I am so excited for you, go Bob Boy! Isn't it amazing how they can communicate with mum and dad before they are born! He loves you both so much already and is already relying on you both and he has picked two wonderful parents to adore him!

Does he get the hiccups much Phoenix does daily!

How can you tell when they're hiccups?

well you get this little sort of constant tapping feeling over and over! Its hard to explain but its rythmic really sort of like tiny jerks that keep going over and over every second and it can go for like five minutes! You may notice it more after eating and drinking cause thats where bubba will get all excited over the yummy stuff yu just ate or drank and so they swollow and swollow the anmiotic fliud as they taste.

Gee I hope that described it properly!!I'm hopeless most times!

Hmmm, I don't think I've felt any hiccups yet - or at least I haven't recognised them. They sound fun though. I love your discription of it

And Bob (hmm, that nickname really WILL stick I think! LOL) IS already very much loved, not just by DH and myself, but by all his grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins - including my six year old niece who yells to him through my tummy whenever she sees me. We can't decide whether he'll scream every time he hears her voice after he arrives or if he'll adore hearing her

omg that is hilarious abut your niece and what Bob will think of her, I had a good chuckle. Just so long as he doesn't grab her by the throat and tell her its time to back off!

My 7 year old daughter is quite over bearing at most times but she is driving me insaine with this baby, as soon as I say he's moving she dive bombs over the side of the lounge room to place both hands over the bump and start yelling out! I know she is just so excited but sheesh ya know, give mum a little space! Its funny really. they just want to let the baby know they are here and waiting for them, beautiful really.

lol caro, you think so? I just say it without thinking how to word it. Fingers move quicker than the brain I guess. Got to be quick in this house the only place I refuse to be quick is in the loo, thank god for two bathrooms!

I'm really worried about this rash, will post in third trimester!

Do you guys get like a "buzzzzzing" in your bubba-belly?

I get one, like I'm touching something and can feel the electricity moving behind my hand. I've been getting it since about 12 weeks or so, and its soooo weird.

Hm buzzing nope but was getting, oh hang on I could calss it as a buzzing feeling, but more like a vibrating like a nerve going off, was getting that at 12 weeks and it would go on all the time, nearly drove me insiane.