Thread: Late 2nd Timester Spotting??

Default Late 2nd Timester Spotting??

Hi there All

Has anyone ever experienced last 2nd trimester spotting??

It happened to me yesterday and once i went to the hospital and had an internal they couldn't see any blood.....all other tests were performed all came back OK - so far (fingers crossed) and they didn't offer me an ultrasound....

just wondering what it could mean??

Also should i ask for an ultrasound??

thanks

dianna

I never experianced any, however the doctors never seem real conserned about spotting unless it is heavy, the bleeding is fresh and still bright red or there is pain aswell. But if don't be afraid to ask for an ultrasound, you don't want to be stressing about things you don't need to, that's not healthy for you or bub either..

clare076 Guest

Hi Dianna
    I didn't have bleeding in second trimester, however a fellow co worker did from about 22 weeks. Turns out she has placenta previa. Every time she did a little bit of manual work she had a bleed. Now she has stopped work, she's had no further problems.
    If this is the case, they wouldn't be able to diagnose without an ultrasound, so maybe for peace of mind you should request one.

Clare

Hi there All

I've called the midwives and I'm actually going to see them this evening after work - i mentioned that i'd like a referal for an ultrasound, however they are reluctant to do so without seeing me again #-o - you'd think they'd be sick of seeing me by now.....

anyway - the midwife did also mention that i can go and see my GP and get a referral to have an ultrasound but i'd be up for the costs - this is crazy if you ask me....either way i'm getting an ultrasound done one way or another, even if i'm out of pocket.

peace of mind is worth far more than cash to me at the moment....besides i'm sick of being paranoid every time i go to the loo

thanks for all your thoughts

dianna

Hope everything is okay

I had spotting last Wendesday (23weeks 6 days) and went to the hospital for an internal etc. They couldn't give me an answer other than that bleeding had stopped and bub's is fine. I had another check up this morning and they want to see me again on Thursday morning just to make sure everything is fine.

Good luck with your ultrasound.

Hi there All

I had my ultrasound on Saturday and thank God it came back all OK [-o<

there was no show of blood internally and my cervix is still atleast 4cm which is great (I think) - the sonographer was so thorough he is expecting his first child in 3 weeks and totally understood my anxieties.

Anyway long story short - all is OK and I'm hoping and praying the next time i see blood will be late January during the birth....even then I could go without seeing blood - not my favourite thing to be seeing down there....

thanks

Dianna

clare076 Guest

Hi Dianna
    Great to hear all is ok with yourself and bubs. Hopefully now you can enjoy the rst of your prenancy.
    Clare

Glad to hear all is good Dianna.