Thread: Leaking BBs

Default Leaking BBs

I just noticed that my BBs have started leaking? Is this a normal time for this to happen? When did it happen for other people? And how is the best way to hide it??
    thanks 8-[

hehehehe - Amanda - DH was laughing this morning when i got in the shower coz i had a boob problem - I just put a nursing pad on - it stopped after about 5-10 minutes ad all is fine now

angelique Guest

When do your boobs actually start leaking?

Yep.. mine started probably about 6 weeks ago. But I've only ever had them leak at night time if they're a bit squashed the way I'm lying. I'm fortunate they haven't leaked into my clothes during the day yet!

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angelique
    When do your boobs actually start leaking?
    seeing you are at your (close enough) 20 week mark, it seems possibly anytime soon !! It does seem to vary considerably though

Mine started at about 24-25 weeks, and didn't stop. It was worse at night when I didn't have a bra on. I would get huge spots, and silly me - I was too vain to wear breastpads. I didn't get caught out too many times though.

Once they start leaking you need to think about bras without an underwire so you dont affect your milk ducts.

Fi

Mine just started today and i am 23 weeks. They just left a wet spot on my t shirt, not very big though.. i guess it will probably get worse.
    i already have started wearing maternity bras so thats not a problem, but i guess i should have some breast pads on hand just in case lol

I still wear normal bras - when do they suggest to start matternity bra's

i was told to wear them from the begining, when i had to get new ones. i was told not to wear underwire bras as they can affect your milk ducts. but i don't think you neccessarily have to wear maternity ones just no underwire ones. i find that the singlet tops with the built in support are very comfortable.

I've been expecting mine to start leaking any time now coz I leaked really early when pregnant with dd, but nothing yet thank goodness. I couldn't stand wearing a bra to bed, and having to change my top and sheets all the time was a pain.

Instead of changing sheets, if the leakage isn't too heavy you can put down an old style cloth nappy or a towel to sleep on.

hehe, I've gotten wise to that now Dach, but gosh it was a pain the first few times it happened!

mummify Guest

With DS, mine started leaking around the 30 to 32 week mark. This time around, though, they started leaking at 18 weeks. Grrr! LOL!
    I'm actually relieved that they are leaking. With this bubba, I have to have a c/section about a week or so before the due date and I really want to breastfeed again.

abs Guest

Hey mummify, you should join us in the due in April thread - see the Belly Buddies forum, seeing you are due with the rest of us... be careful, we are a very talkative bunch, but with the hols pending, things might slow down a bit

Hi Amanda

Yes this is normal. Your BB's can start to leak at just about any time after the first 12 weeks or so

DoubleK Guest

ive just noticed a little bit of leakage.. as Fi said, mainly at night time.

i might start laying on a towel or something, rather than wear a bra to bed! i couldnt think of anythign worse!

Rach