thread: Leaking fluid?

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

Leaking fluid?

Rather random and probably tmi but I can't remember much from my pg with DD (it was so long ago)

TMI bit - I'm constantly wet down there, and today especially when I move/stand up I get fluid leaking down my leg. Now I don't think it's urine (cloudyish in colour, watery and doesn't smell like urine) so could it be my amniotic fluid?

Last night I had a few hours of pain. Roughly every 30 mins for around 30 seconds each. My stomach would go rock hard, I felt nauseous and was in a fair bit of pain (not uncomfortable but actual pain)

They died off after a while and today I've had a few niggles. The little man still seems to be active, maybe not as much as prior days.

So I guess I'm wondering if it's worth ringing my midwife (well if she is on call I'll get her) and potentially go to hospital, or am I worrying over nothing?

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

I'd call just to rule our your waters leaking. Better to be safe I say. Fingers crossed all is ok

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Sep 2011

Is it enough fluid that you need to wear a pad/liner?

I would definitely give your midwife a call. I hope everything is ok.

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

It's definitely enough to warrant a liner. Otherwise I just feel so uncomfortable with wet knickers. I changed into pj pants around 3pm and its still really bugging me (no knickers or liner ATM but definitely needing one)

Mar 2006

Absolutley call your midwife/hospital and get checked. It is much better to be safe than sorry especially with a potential leaking of your water. Please call and get some advice.

Dec 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

Definitely call. Better safe than sorry.
    Hope all is ok.

Jan 2007

Hope you are ok and called your hospy to get checked out oxoxox

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

How'd you go? I hope everything is ok xoxo.

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

Hospital are bloody useless. My midwife is obviously not on call and her phone is Diverted there. They said to go in if pains end up 5 mins apart!

The liner I have on now doesn't have a lot of fluid, and no more pains. Will see how I go through the night

Thanks ladies

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Yeah that sounds useless. Was there really no one who wanted to listen to you? So sorry hun.

Oct 2010
    Hunter Valley, NSW

I'm 24 weeks. I'm in the same boat. Always wet. Does it smell? But I don't have pains
    Last edited by Onelittleprincess; April 25th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Add MummaBee on Facebook

Feb 2010
    NSW, Australia

All through pregnancy I found I had to wear a liner as you have increased TMI Lochia and its a cloudish colour. If your filling a pad consistancy then yes you need to go in and take the pad as they can test if its fluid.
    Also if your uming and arring if its hospital worthy ring health direct line they can tell you if they think you should go in you can also talk to a doctor on that line

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Gosh that must be frustrating. Is it worrying enough to go to the local emergency?

Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)

I would go to the birth suite and demand a check up.. That's crazy they said only to come in once pains are 5 mins apart. Do they know how far along you are?

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

I'd be worried if it was that much ...

A lot of discharge can be thrush - apparently when pregnant you're extra susceptible to it, because of the extra oestrogen ...

But I'd be much more concerned that it is amniotic fluid, and I'd be wanting to know whether I need to keep my legs up for the rest of the pregnancy or something else ... there's a simple swab test they can do to check whether it's amniotic fluid - I had to have the test last pregnancy. They swab, you wait (and quietly freak out completely) for 10 minutes, and then you have an answer, and can plan accordingly.

If I were you, I'd see if you can get the test done ... for peace of mind, if nothing else.

I hope you're not freaking out ...

Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)

I hope i didn't freak you out, but I'm paranoid... Thing is, if it's nothing you have wasted nothing but a bit of time, if it's something, it can change the rest of your pregnancy..

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

Thanks ladies - no freaking out! Ended up getting through to a different midwife in the program who came to check me out.

Bubs still moving, and she thinks it's just a watery mucous. I havent "leaked" any more just had a bit of creamy discharge. I've been told to take it easy and also what to look out for!

Thanks again

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Sep 2011

Glad to hear everything is ok. Hopefully those waters stay intact a good number of weeks to come.