Thread: Leaky boobs??

Default Leaky boobs??

Hi guys,

Had no idea where to post this question, hope here is ok.

When do your boobs start leaking (per say), i dont know when i should start buying b/pads. Am i thinking way to ahead of myself?

TIA from one very confused mum-to-be

Well, mine started in the second trimester, but I don't mind the odd yellow stain on my bra so haven't bothered with breast pads. They haven't done a full on big leak yet.

You can buy them now and if you don't need them for another 20 weeks or so (when your baby is out and your milk comes in) then you have them ready. You can get samples and wear them now to see which is the most comfortable and if you want to do washable ones or not.

aahhh well then my boobs have started the leak thing, i thought it be really gross sweat in my bra's LMAO
    Thankyou Ryn!!
    i think i might go disposables (im way too lazy!!) lol

Naomi,

I don't know if it was a first time Mummy thing, or a climate/temperature thing, but I started leaking a fair bit when I was about 24 weeks with Olivia.

BUT, I didn't leak at all with Charlie or Lexie? (Not till they were born anyway!)

Go figure....LOL

It WAS hot when I was pg with Olivia (I was in the NT, so humid as well) so I don't know if that makes a difference?

ok im leaking like a tap here! just buy them now and have them ready! One day...you will just have pools

mine didn't start til the last couple of months and i never needed to use breast pads til my milk came in four days after he was born, i had the pads in the cupboard for months though!

Lucy: must be whats happening here. Pretty hot here atm isnt it? The change tonight is very welcomed.

Danni: I think i might buy them with my next pay next monday, your 6wks ahead of me when did you start?

Widdly: I hope thats the case for me my boobs are big enough already without the extra padding inside LMAO

Umm i have been wearing them good and proper for a week now. But leaking for about 3 weeks i think?

With this pregnancy I started with a few drops leaking around 19 weeks. With Caitlyn I never noticed (until after birth - then it went everywhere!!). Not up to the breast pads yet but the amount increases every copule of days and then I don't leak for a while. Could get a surprise any day now

Well I'm 25 weeks and I haven't had any leaking. But I bought some breast pads anyway just in case I need them and then I won't have to rush out and buy some!

I didnt leak at all!!

Hi there

I started leaking a bit of colostrum from around 20 wks, enough to warrant breast pads so it didn't go through my bra and shirt. I bought washable during the pg but only used disposable afterwards as it was a veritable shower then! The couple of pairs of washable ones I had just got tossed in to the general washing. But they wouldn't have touched the real milk leaks. Ewwww, just talking about it reminds me how glad I am that they stopped after about 6 weeks!!!

I started leaking at 24 wks and there was quite a lot. Like the whole front of my singlet would be wet/stained in the morning when I woke. I thought it was because my sac had totally ruptured and waters had broken when I'd gone into full labour super prematurely the week before. Perhaps it was just a coincidence? Gussy managed to stay put inutero for another six wks so I didn't need the milk at that stage...