Thread: Leaky breasts already

kirsty Guest

Default Leaky breasts already

Hi there, just a question. From 5weeks my left breast has leaked when I'm really emotional or my son (19mths) is really upset, in fact the leaky breast was the first sign we had that I might be pregnant, & now at 18weeks the right one has started too. Again only when I'm really emotional or son is upset. Is this normal? Has anyone else suffered from this? I'm not overly worried it's just that I don't know of anyone else who has experienced this.
    Thanx, Kirsty

Melinda Guest

Hey Kirsty,

I haven't experienced this personally, but I have heard of other people getting leaky boobs etc....whether it's been because they have been emotional about something or not I don't know.

Sorry....that really hasn't helped a great deal!

Perfectly normal I was an early leaker too LOL! Did you have overactive letdown with your son? And I still occasionally too and Paris is 2.5. If you are worried talk to your OB at your next appointment, but as much as it is uncomfortable as far as I am aware its perfectly normal.

*hugs*
    Cailin

kirsty Guest

Thanx for the replies. My girlfriend & I joked that while I was expressing for my son (which I did for 6weeks as he was 8weeks prem & it took a while for him to work out feeding for himself) I was a good milking cow, as it wasn't unusual for me to express 160mls between both breasts. So I guess more than anything I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it & what there reactions were.
    Thanx, Kirsty