Thread: Leaky nipples

Fee Guest

Default Leaky nipples

Is anyone else suffering from this?

I've been getting it on and off for the last 2 weeks. Mostly at night - not every night though.

Thinking I might have to buy breast pads now just in case I've got something on at night (a dinner with friends etc). Can anyone recommend a good brand? I've heard Pidgeon are great.

I never thought it would happen this early in the pregnancy!! :boggle:

Oooh yeah, it can happen alright! The first time it happened to me with Lindsay, I was at work and it was so embarassing. it left a wet spot as big as a 50 cent piece on my shirt. it would also happen if i 'squashed' a boob when I was in bed and i would get the sheets wet LOL. if you feel more comfortable, I'd get some breast pads to wear just in case. Any brand would be OK because you won't have that much leakage IYKWIM?

Fee Guest

Yeah true about it not being too much leakage. I don’t wake up in a sea of it or anything!!! So far I've had nothing during the day. So I might try and go without breast pads at the day time. I really don't want to be wearing them all day, every day just yet. What a pain and an extra expense. But I will definitely get some for night outings!!!

Pigeon are great hun, I had to use them from 16 weeks onwards with my 2nd pregnancy.

Weird isn't it, can I suggest you buy a breat pump soon as with me I had tonnes and tonnes of milk, the said I could of feed all of Glen Waverley. LOL Just incase you have the same thing happen to you.

if you don't want to spend alot right now on disposable ones, you can get some really nice cotton washable ones to. I got some Avent ones which came in a box of three pairs.

I used the washable Avent ones. I also liked the dove disposable ones as the J&J used to stick to my nipples. On that note be careful when you take them off JIC they do stick - Ouchies!

Fee Guest

Well I bought a pair of Pigeon brand last night. Might have to test them out tonight (am going out to dinner and will probably be out late).

Fee Guest

Well the Pigeon ones are okay. Although I did try a pair of Dove at my SIL's house and liked them. But I can't seem to find them anywhere. I did read in another thread that they may now be called Swissper so I might give that a go.

Soooo annoying!

I leaked quite a bit last night while I was asleep - the wet patch woke me up!!!