Thread: LEG ACHES????

brindabella Guest

Default LEG ACHES????

hi all

am 15/16 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy, and have started getting painful aching (CONSTANT) legs throughout the night and it has been continuing into the day.

Anyone else have these?? and do you know the cause?? Last night I jogged around the loungeroom rug at 2:30am to get some circulation happening!!

Only had leg cramps with no1, and I am quite active............

Melinda Guest

Hey Belinda,

Just over the past week I have noticed that when I am in bed, the bottom half of my legs start to ache just a little bit. It's nothing bad, just more a bit uncomfortable. It seems to help if I can raise my legs just a fraction.

Hi

I have this as well as major leg cramps. My OB told me to take calcium supplements. Also if you do get them get ones that also have magnesium as these help with absorbtion of the calcium.

Love :smt049

I get them all the time... I take a pregnancy multivitamen, but no extra calcium on top of that, and I get them at least once a fortnight with major cramping and uncomfortable cramps every few nights.... I have tried to eat more calcium rich foods since Kathryn told me about the calcium and I have to say that they are less painful and less major cramping then I had before (which was every few nights).

Christy

I haven't had this problem at all, but I make sure I have at least one glass of milo every day, even if I don't get any other dairy into me all day. two glasses of milo made up properly gives you a normal person's calcium requirement, so with the pregnancy vitamin on top of that, I think I get enough.

Yeah the extra milo's etc didn't do it for me Susan. Would have rathered that than pop more bloody vitamins LOL

Love :smt049

Yeah, well I eat a bowl of yogurt once a day whenever we have any, and I try to keep my calcium, fibre and iron intake pretty high. Don't know if I'm doing so well with the rest of my nutrition, but I figured they were the main things to take care of. I'm doing ok so far.

I don't want to take any extra vitamins either!