Thread: Lifting things

Bec Guest

Default Lifting things

Hi girls,

I am now 22 weeks and at work I have to do some archiving and lift a few boxes filled with paper and stuff.

I was wondering what is considered to heavy to lift? I am doing this slowly and trying not to lift to much at once, but I am a little worried I am going to lift a box that will weigh a ton.

Thanks

Bec

mizzsocial Guest

i have no idea what the limit is.. i guess just dont lift with your back, lift with your knees.. and take it easy..
    If a box is a little too heavy, dont even attempt it..go and ask someone for a quick hand moving it!

Hi Bec,

I agree with mizzsocial, i wouldnt be lifting anything that causes me to strain at all. Nothing that you can pick up easily, if you find that a box is too heavy, get someone else to do it, im sure they will understand and you will feel better too!

Good Luck!!

I am not sure what the weight limit is for lifting either. I wouldn't be lifting anything that would make you strain in anyway, personally I would get someone else to do the lifting for you.

Be careful and please don't strain yourself in anyway.

I get the boys out the back to lift any boxes i have - is there someone that can move the boxes for you once you fill them?

Bec Guest

Thanks girls.

I ended up doing most of yesterday by myself as there were no men around grr.

I did my best not to strain anything and I took a diffrent approach to moving the boxes and emptied them bit by bit so I didnt have to lift any.

Today I have to fill them up so I am going to line them up and fill one box and have it in place allready so I dont have to lift it once it is filled.

Last night I did have a bit of a sore back, but nothing a rest wont fix.

Bec