Thread: Liptons Raspberry, Strawberry and Cranberry Tea

Question Liptons Raspberry, Strawberry and Cranberry Tea

G'Day I am dying to have a hot cup of Liptons Raspberry, Strawberry and Cranberry Tea, just feel like a change from the weak black tea I have been having and miss drinking this tea as I used to have it in the afternoons before trying to get preg. Does anyone know if this combination is safe in Pregnancy, I have read mixed reports on the net.

Cheers!!

I couldn't think what would possibly be wrong with it... what have you read? It would be using raspberry, not raspberry leaf if that is a concern?

Yeah there has been stuff about Raspberry Leaf, which has been very contradictory, some saying safe and that it stregthens the Uterine wall and others saying it will bring on contractions!! I don't have the box any more as i have the tea bags in a jar so can't read the box to see if it was leaf or not!!

The lipton stuff is raspberry, not raspberry leaf.

That's one of my favourite flavours as well. The raspberry leaf tea is the one that people use in the third tri as it supposedly strengthens smooth muscle and makes your contratcions more effective. So the raspberry should be fine - I would drink it without any qualms.

If you want more opinions about the raspberry leaf tea - there's a few discussion threads in the third tri general discussion. Personally, I am a fan.

I have a tea with raspberry in it too (Wildberry Zinger) and I had it without worrying. I'm onto raspberry leaf tea now and trust me, they wouldn't be using the leaves to add yummy flavour!

Yeah the Raspberry Leaf Tea MAY bring on contractions. I've been using the RLT tablets and they have been fantastic - i can feel the difference just in my BH... But the Lipton tea shouldn't be a problem.
    Have a h&h pregnancy.

Smile

Woot!! Thanks heaps!! I will remeber the Raspberry Leaft tea for the third tri!! Thankyou for all of your messages

You'll find those teas are not really tea at all. Probably not much berry product either!

Default G'day Victoria78

I've been drinking that exact same tea all through my pregnancy (i'm 21 weeks) and everything has been normal for me so far. Mind you I'm not a big tea fanatic, so only been drinking it about 1-2 times per week. It's not rasberry leaf, its just rasberry!

Enjoy!