Thread: A LOT of weight gain!??!

Smile A LOT of weight gain!??!

Hi all! Has anyone else put on a LOT of weight early in their pregnancy? I've looked through posts and it seems most people are saying they haven't put on much weight at all... I'm almost 26 weeks pregnant now and have gone from a starting weight of 65 kgs up to 75 kgs already!!! I'm about 167 cms high so it isn't obvious. I didn't get morning sickness at all though but I have been very hungry. My doctor said he's not worried about my weight unless it becomes a problem (!!?!?) and he doesn't even weigh me. I can't even really see where the weight has gone, except to my belly and boobs...hehe...

Anyway, I'm not really 'worried' about it, I'm just curious if I'm the only one in this boat or if others have also put lots of weight on?!

Yes I put on 10 kilos in first TRIMESTER!! So don't worry. I definitely slowed down at the end, and think i put on 17 in total. Mind you my friend put on 38 kilos!! It's' all ok! xoxo

Im exactly the same! Im normally 65 but am about 75 now. Im about 174cm tall so yeh no one has noticed any difference other than my belly. I have noticed my rings feel a little tighter and DF has suggested its just fluid retention, which im also thinking. I havent eaten much different, am eating healthy and all.. im not concerned about it just yet.

Yep, definately normal. The weight that all the pg books suggest you gain I figure is the bare minimum, but as you know, every woman is different in how she gains weight and pg is no exception.

For my three pg's I gained 24, 27 and 20kg respectively.

I gained 10+kg in the first trimester alone, and then 40kg by the end of my pregnancy. There are so many different factors that can influence how much a woman gains, such as whether she was over or underweight before pregnancy, if she quit smoking whilst pg, diet and excercise, or even just genetics.

Sal Guest

I'm 159cm tall and I put on 10kg in the 2nd tri, about 4 in the first tri and 4 in the third tri, so 18kg altogether. Somehow I didn't even look that big, though of course I must have been

I'm about 165cm and so far I've put on 10kg, now 68kg. No-one has been able to notice my weight gain cause I'm all boobs and belly. At first I thought this was a huge amount, but now realise it isn't. My doctor said he's not concerned unless I put on HEAPS more. I've noticed mine has started to slow down the last couple of weeks, that and I can't seem to fit as much food in anymore!

Oh thank god it's not just me I am 166 cms tall and weighed 54 kgs before pregnancy, with my first i put on 12kilos, with my 2nd 30kg's!!! and i was massive, with this one i am not eating much but i have already put on 3kgs and i ahaven't hit the 4ths month yet! But i am not worried as i lost my weight with in 4 months of giving birth most of it is fluid retention.

Hi girls!

Wow, thanks heaps for all of your comments...it really makes me feel better to know that I'm not just turning into a big blimp...hehe... It's funny because you hear all different things from different people...some say "oh wow, you're HUGE for 25 weeks" others say "you're not very big yet" etc. Can't win...hehe! I don't think my weight gain is noticeable at all but my belly definitely is!

Kellxx - wow, we're due almost exactly the same time and have put on about the same...cool!
    Jodi_lee - you're not far ahead of me either...I think my weight gain might have also slowed a bit now

Sherie

I put on lots in the first tri with my second. this time round hasn't been so bad, but with the amount I was eating I am rather surprised at how little I have gained. I had nick named my self Hungry hippo!

Hehehe, I also call myself Hungry Hippo...I've always loved my food but these days I just can't get enough. Looking forward to the days when apparently there's not enough space for me to eat much.

Sherie

And we're both having boys Sherie! .. and both our first! Very cool.

Now that someones mensioned it yeh, im all belly and boobs.. thats where all the weight must be.