Thread: low lying placenta

Default low lying placenta

I have just had my 18 week scan and i was told i had a low lying placenta but not to worry as most pregnates are like this and it will move up as you progress. out of all the people i have spoke to only one person has a low lying placenta and she was rushed to hospital 2 weeks ago and almost lost her baby. i will be having another scan at 34 weeks to check this but in the mean time im scared! I have pain on the underside of my bump which the drs say is pulled ligaments but it feels like they have been pulled since i sneezed at 4 weeks. has anyone else had the same problem?

Hi Chantal

Dont worry hun
    Most placentas do move later in your pregnancy. The scan at 34 weeks is just make sure that the placenta has moved far enough for you to have a safe vaginal birth.

The pain under your bump is normal and is usually caused by stretching. You could also have pulled a ligament or a muscle when you sneezed.

thankyou - i just needed that reassurance - cant seem to get that - the dr is always too busy for me to ask questions

chantal25