Thread: lower abdominal pain...

julesy Guest

Default lower abdominal pain...

Hi everyone!

This is my second pregnancy and has been so different to my first in so many ways...I wouldn't have time to go into it all!!! But most pronounced is this rather odd (at times very uncomfortable) 'ache' in my lower abdomin, just above the pubic bone, which comes and goes. It also seems to occur around the back of my uterus (how do I describe this without grossing you out???)...it's like at times I really need to do a big fart (sorry...) but then it disappears.

Has anyone else experienced this? I should probably mention that i'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins...I was wondering if it was the weight of the babies stretching things, or maybe the start of pelvic inflammatory disease??? I'm seeing the OB on Friday, but was wondering if any of you had any advice??

Julesy

Hi Julesy
    I would say that it is quite normal and caused by everying stretching and moving around to make room for your growing uterus. It is also very common for each pregnancy to be completly different than the one before, especially when having twins.