Thread: Maternity swimwear??

Melinda Guest

Default Maternity swimwear??

Hey,

I was just wondering if anybody out there knew of any online shops etc that sold maternity swimwear??

I find it difficult at the best of times to find normal bathers that provide enough support in the bust (being an E cup) and I suspect maternity bathers are going to be the same. Hobart doesn't really have a lot of shops that cater for this kind of thing, so was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction?

TIA!!!

This was the only one I could find...sorry! BellyButton Maternity...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melinda Guest

Thanks Cailin - I had a look, but not quite what I was after!!

Thanks again for having a hunt though!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Tootie,

This is from our Products and Services Directory:

Viva Swimwear

Fashionable, practical and comfortable, Viva Swimwear caters for ladies sizes 8 - 24 and includes styles to suit all body shapes. Their swimwear range includes one piece, two piece, three piece and maternity swimwear. Viva Swimwear manufacture and retail a unique 3 Piece swimsuit that consists of a comfortable underwire bra and pants to enhance body shape by providing bust support and tummy control, and a choice of loose fitting tops for style and comfort.

For more information, click here to go to the Viva Swimwear website.

They are apparently very comfy and designed for real sizes...

I love Frou Frou Baby - they are in Melbourne and have some stuff online but heaps in their store - including two pieces that have tops that are full length and they look great.

You could always try MaternityMatters - they are the mob that send you heaps of clothes and you pay for what you want to keep. Has swimwear too.

I think I got mine at Monica Monkhouse. Beautiful but expensive!

You might run into trouble at this time of year though, so I would look asap!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Tootie - I replied in the 2nd trimester section but one of the companies you've already looked at the bellybutton one.... sorry! I will check then the brand name of the swimmer's I bought.... I love them!!

Christy

Melinda Guest

Yeah thanks everyone but this is really crapping me off!! I swear I totally curse living in Hobart sometimes!!!

Swimming is a form of exercise that I can do for the whole PG, whereas other forms of exercise might not be as practical or comfortable. The only other thing I would do is walking anyway, but if you need to go to the loo in a hurry it could pose problems!! Plus, add to that the fact that I have a bad back - swimming is therefore the best exercise for that in any event, but particularly so during PG when there will be a lot of extra weight to carry around and a lot of extra pressure - I imagine that it will be relieving to swim to have the feeling of total weightlessness, rather than walking where it will most likely become uncomfortable simply because of the PG, but also with my usual back problems weighing into the equation. So I'm really getting totally jacked off that Hobart has nothing, and that I can't find an online shop that has anything!!

Hey Mel,

Just had an idea... don't know whether it's any good or not LOL... but maybe you can call up or email some maternity stores in the bigger interstate cities and see if they have anything that might be appropriate. Perhaps they will even be able to send you out a catalogue.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Moving to General Pregnancy Discussion...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I got my swimmers from Pumpkin Patch.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Melinda, forgive me if you have already done this, or it has been mentioned already, but have you tried googling for it? e.g "maternity swimwear or bathers australia"

I was madly online researching maternity clothes a few weeks ago, and came across a few sites with maternity swimwear. On the site that starts with "maternityswimwear" i noticed some bathers i liked, one brand called Ilant, i emailed the website about and they indeed had maternity bathers with soft cups in the bust (not shelf bras) cos i was after bust support too. (i think if you had to buy them unseen, emailing your measurements might help them make sure you get the right size).

I found these bathers on a australian website called maternityswimwear (they had tankinis and one pieces, mainly by Ilant). I would put the exact link but i don't think that is allowed. I have noticed that queensland online bather shops seem to offer loads of swimmers all year round, other places in Aust availability seems pretty seasonal.

If i manage to find any other names of websites with pg. bathers that i looked up weeks ago, i will pop back and let you know what they were.

hope this helps so you can keep exercising in water, I will be going to preg. aquaerobics in winter myself so appreciate your dilemna.
    Last edited by Gigi; May 11th, 2006 at 02:17 AM.

Hi Melinda!

Not sure if it's what you are after but i got some maternity board shorts off e-bay. I prefer just to wear board shorts and a bikini top. They are great!!! Belly Basics brand I think. But I guess in Hobart you are after a one piece for the pool?

I'm trying to get down to Hobart to visit the family in a few weeks, so hopefully we will be able to meet then! Not sure if it's going to work out though because hopefully Lucie will be having her op soon.

Hope all is well and you're not too cold!

Sophie

Melinda Guest

LOL I posted this when I was PG with Jacob! And I ended up getting some maternity bathers online which was great......

Soph - meeting up would be fantastic!

Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie
    Hi Melinda!

Not sure if it's what you are after but i got some maternity board shorts off e-bay. I prefer just to wear board shorts and a bikini top. They are great!!! Belly Basics brand I think. But I guess in Hobart you are after a one piece for the pool?

I'm trying to get down to Hobart to visit the family in a few weeks, so hopefully we will be able to meet then! Not sure if it's going to work out though because hopefully Lucie will be having her op soon.

Hope all is well and you're not too cold!

Sophie
    what a great idea Wheatie.

SOrry Melinda, i obviously didn't look at the year number when i replied to this thread!!! just two years out of date!

Add Gigi on Facebook

I ended up buying a RIPE tankini, i went to a maternity shop who i was told, stocked the ILANT range that i saw online and liked. Not an ILANT suit in sight, but i was told RIPE make very similar swimmers, but not in the groovy prints i had seen on the ILANT website. This particular tankini is for those of us who don't want to show the stomach. (Yes i'm a shy mum to be). The tank has a shelf bra and i find it enough support for me (DD).

Anyway, the tankini has a sort of skirt bottom to the tank top bit, so as you get more and more pregnant, the skirt bottom bit sits higher on your body (first at thigh level, later at pubic bone level). The matching bikini pant has a v across your stomach. I tried it all on with a maternity pillow under it to get an idea of what it would look like in a few months time.

I got the bathers cos the physio at the hosp where i am having my baby, put me into a weekly hydrotherapy class to help my back and i just couldn't wear my normal swimmers in public anymore).

Anyway, i am putting this here in case anyone finds it useful, cos i looked for ages, and am really happy with these swimmers.

For SA mums to be, this shop is Maternity Matters, Grenfell street, city (near Hindmarsh Square).