Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness in 2nd Tri??

Default Morning Sickness in 2nd Tri??

How many people out there are still suffering m/s???

When did your m/s end if it has???

I am still chucking away at 22w!
    Its not so bad that I have to be hospitalised, just a horrible feeling. Maxalon does nothing and I really dont want to be taking things when I'm preggo!! My child gets plenty of sustinance (sp?)!

Just interested to know if I am in a majority or minority?
    I'm guessing very small minority!!!

Cheers
    Nicky

Aww....... I feel so bad for you, cos I've had no m/s, but on the odd occassion have felt nauseaous and that was enough for me! I had a gf who had m/s for both pg for the whole term and she ended up eating cos it made her feel better but then she put on stacks of weight
    I'm sorry that I have no words of advice for you, but I do have sympathy. I really hope it passes.

You are not alone!

I had a good couple of weeks but this week its all back. The nausea, and this time I also have a very sensitive stomach, and heartburn.

I had to leave a meeting tonight due to feeling very nauseous.

I am 17 weeks and have never been sick this long into a pregnancy or had it kick in again...and to be honest it SUCKS!

i cant remember exact, but i think at about 15 - 16 weeks i was hit with m/s again. Didnt last much longer then a week or so.

This brings back the memories! I had m/s up until 20 weeks, had a break for a couple of weeks, then it kicked in again until she was born.
    I hope it eases up for you cause I know first hand how hard it is to have m/s, heartburn and being heavily pg!

I hear you loud and clear. I am 18 weeks and although its been almost a month since i was last hospitalised (touch wood) i am still puking at least twice a day, and feeling sick 24/7. I am taking Maxalon as it seems to be the only thing keeping me out of hospital but i really would rather not. (Catch 22). Ive heard it can ease around the 22-25week mark so thats my new goal. I know people say its good to feel sick because you know you have a healthy pregnancy but it doesn't really make you feel any better when you have your head down the toliet bowl!

Good Luck, hope it eases for you soon.

I had morning sickness the WHOLE pregnancy. I threw up every day right up until about an hour before Ash was born!

I'm nearly 25 weeks and still vomiting. I went 4 days without vomiting last week and nearly threw a party!! But no, it's back this week. But hey, I figure if this is the worse thing I have to deal with in my pregnancy, then I'm not going to complain too much!!

(Just enough to get sympathy from baby's daddy!!)

oh boo... not what i wanted to hear!!!! lol
    its ok... if this is the worst then theres plenty more little me's to come!!!
    woo hoo
    thanks everyone
    Nicky

I'm 30 weeks and still have the odd chuck and nausea! (Like this morning!! ) But I don't feel as revolting as I did between weeks 6-20..oh the joys...
    I still don't understand that thing about a pregnant woman 'glowing' .. I have obviously missed that step..because there is nothing 'glowing' about me when I wake up feeling sick and then head to the bathroom for a spew!
    Hope you feel better soon Nicky
    All the best

I think i've missed out on that 'glowing' look too and i have to say that unfortunately after the way this pregnancy has been i dont think there will be anymore after this one

Ha ha Misty1 - I'm the same. My 2nd trimester glow is definitely lost in the mail. I've kept a rough diary throughout my pregnancy and I have a whole 8 days when I've felt decent - sorry for more bad news Squishee. I've had 24/7 morning sickness from 4.5 weeks and them cluster migraines on top of that from weeks 15 to 26. Never felt so awful in all my life but fortunately every time I can feel Ed move, it helps to make all the nastiness of pregnancy worthwhile!

I hope you turn a corner soon Squishee.

Hi Squishee,

I'm up to 16.5 wks and still going strong too! But, I think I've found out where the "glow" comes from!! Its when you're hunched over the toilet for your morning chuck and break into a cold sweat. All the time your head is hanging down the blood rushed to your face and you get "the glow"! Thats my theory anyway!!
    Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Susie I like ur idea of glow! Do you glow fire engine red aswell??? lol
    I have also missed the 'glow'. Just some nice dark pathces on my cheeks. I look like a little school kiddies with a huge bunch of freckles again!!! lol
    Had a shocker today in regards to sickness. I hope whoever said that the sicker you are the healthier your pregnancy is, is right!! I should have a mega athlete on my hands!!!!

Nicky

g00ber Guest

i had m/s everyday without fail up until about 3 weeks ago... now i'm lucky and only cop it about once or twice a week. i didn't want to take drugs so i used motion sickness bands (that use the acupressure points on your wrists to help ease the nausea) and although they didn't completely stop me feeling sick, they did make a huge difference.

Cheers,
    g00ber

linny Guest

Hi squishee,

i had m/s until about 14weeks and this week ive started vomiting and feeling nauseas again.im with the others im definately not glowing in my 2nd trimester.ive got heartburn constantly,my back aches and ive got a nerve problem that makes my right thigh go numb and hurts when i walk.I feel guilty because ive tried so long to fall pregnant and now im not enjoying it like i thought i would.Diont get me wrong im excited about the babies and the end result but just not the pain associated with being pregnant.I can sympathise with you and we just ahve to take 1 day at a time i guess.

Nicky - my sympathies! M/S is so yuk.
    I had it something shocking up to about 14 weeks, then on and off until around 25 weeks but not as bad as I had it early on. I hope it eases for you soon.

Back on the spewing subject.... did any of you lot feel like you could eat something and then throw up say an hour after eating it!! I didn't have this with my first.... if it smelt like I couldn't eat it, I just didn't.

L.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast