Thread: Morphology Scan - a little worried

Default Morphology Scan - a little worried

Ok, well I had my u/s today and everything went really well, got some great pics of bubs, even some really cool 3D ones, the only thing that has me a little worried is that he couldn't see the baby's stomach, he said he thought he could see a shadow but wasn't confident enough to say that it was the stomach. Now he said he didn't want to see me to do a re-scan until I was 7-8 months pg so to me that seems like he wasn't really too worried, he also said that my Ob may do a quick scan at my next visit and see the stomach and if that's the case I won't need to go back to him at all. Has anyone else had this happen?

It hasn't happened to me, but if there was a problem the radiographer (?) or whoever did the scan would hardly recommend you leave it until 7 or 8 months. Will you have a 20 week scan? That may show it up, or next time you see your Ob which will be in the next month, they can do a small, quick scan to reassure you. Don't worry too much!

Deirdre that was the 20 week scan. I suppose I will just wait till the 27th Dec and ask my Ob about it, like you said they would hardly make me wait another couple of months if it was urgent.

they coudlnt get a pic of the bladder at my scan but she said it was alright

sassy123 thank you, I suppose those are the things that I want to hear

Butterfly_Princess Guest

It definately doesnt sound urgent, but i would definately bring it up with your OB. Im sure everything is fine! :hugs:

Thanks Meg, my ob will be getting the report results in the next few days and that will tell him anyway, but I will be asking him about it at my next appointment though.

They couldn't get a pic of half the bubs face at my scan, I had to go back but she wasn't worried. She couldn't see all of it when I went back either but she said if she cut all the pics out and paste them together she would have a pic of a full face. She was happy with that. He just wasn't going to turn the way she wanted him to.

Sorry Sharon. When I posted 4 days ago it had 18 weeks and something days on your ticker so I thought you had an early scan then would have another at 20 weeks!