Thread: movements?

Default movements?

Just wondering - is it possible to fell baby movement in my back? I had some little jabby like feelings, but, i'm not sure if thats it, or my bowels gurgling abit (sorry if TMI - but maybe it could be)

Hey I get that all the time and the feeling the jabbing is in my back side (sorry tmi). I have an anterior placenta, so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. hope that helps
    Melissa

thanks. gives me some idea. wasnt sure if you are able to feel kicking in the back or not.
    What is anterior placenta thou? Have read post from peoples saying that they have it, but, what actually is it?

Hi Mum2bee,

As I understand it, an anterior placenta is when your placenta is attached to the side of your uterus which is frontmost of your body.

Most baby movement is felt as a result of the uterus being pushed toward the front of your abdomen. When a placenta is anterior, the placenta is between your little bubbies kicking feet, and the parts of the body that will detect movement, and will cushion any movement making it more difficult to feel. This could also explain why someone with an anterior placenta is more likely to feel movement toward their back (as the placenta is not blocking the force).

I realise this is rather badly worded, but best I could manage with my current preggo brain! Hope that helps!!