Thread: movements- anyone else?

maggie Guest

Default movements- anyone else?

Hi, i am 23 and a half weeks, last few weeks i have had obvious kicks daily, the last day or so, they are there but have gone quiet, it is soo frustrating, is this normal. I know this early in preg we shouldnt be counting movements,. but why would bubs go quiet for a day or so,?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

if you are worried I would give OB or midwives a ring to make sure.NO point in being worried unnecessarily.

mummymeegs Guest

My little one is being quiet too.. But it does depend on the position of the baby as Em said it may just have more room in some positions than it does in others. The position of the placenta and the amount of fluid present will mask the feelings too. Also if you are a larger lady you may not feel kicks as much. The most active time is around 9pm at night so relax and try to concentrate then! If you are running around busy all day you may just miss them!! Good excuse to put your feet up I say!!

Well, I'm no expert, but perhaps the baby's moved to a different position?
    I also agree with Emma, I might not feel much movement during a given day, only to wake up the next morning and have DH tell me that he had his hand on my belly while I was asleep and the baby was kicking then!

But you are the mum, go with your gut instinct, if you feel something is truly wrong then call your ob/midwife. All the best

I remember this happening alot with my first. From when I first felt her moving (about 17 weeks or so) until probably 26-27 weeks there were whole days where I didn't feel much, if anything.
    Baby spends 90% of her time asleep, and also as someone said may have shifted positions. I think it's fine and nothing to worry about (but I know it scares you).
    Eat something sweet and lie down for a while, you will most likely feel something, if not give them a call..

I've been experiencing the same thing for the past week. Bub was moving around a lot, then it sort of stopped. I noticed that at the same time I stopped craving milo and wasn't having any more. Now if I eat sweets bub moves a lot, otherwise I only get a couple of kicks a day.

maggie Guest

Hey, since i posted this, bubs has bene very active, had our 24w appt yest, obs said good heard beat, (no scan though) but measured my uterus from outside, i think this is the fundus measurement, and all was just perfect.. thanks for the replies