Thread: to much exercise

Default to much exercise

Im feeling a bit paranoid(again..). I hardly exercise and im 19 weeks now and for the past 3 weeks have had a trainer once a week. I had her tonight and now i feel a bit yuck. I think i pushed myself too hard. Will this have any effect on my baby?? I never get stressed or paranoid...pregnancy is bringing out this very interesting side of me. Something to look forward to from now till forever haha.

Lol, its a horrible feeling to be worried, isn't it?

Just make sure you are drinking enough water and try not to overdo it. I don't think it will effect anything - just take it easy because its so much easier to injure yourself now. I'm sure your trainer won't let you go over your limit, knowing that you're pregnant.

Good on you for excercising, though .

Your baby will be fine. As Nat said keep up the fluids

Alan, I'm just curious, I was wondering if over heating your body during excersise whilst preg would be dangerous to the baby, even though you are replenishing yourself with fluids? Just something that I have heard, not sure how much truth to the matter. Thanks

Overheating your body can be dangerous for you and your baby. But this is associated with extreme exercise. There have been a few instances of elite athletes destroying muscle by overheating. The muscle actually turns to liquid. Some of these athletes have survived where others have not.
    However if we are talking about jogging for 30 mins or so or visiting the gym then there should not be any problems.

Thanks Alan!