Thread: Multi Vitamins

Default Multi Vitamins

Just wondered, do any of you still take your folate and vitamins now in 2nd tri, or did you stop at end of 1st tri?

i was thinking i would keep taking as my diet isnt the best at the moment, my main vegies are normally at dinner, but i just cant stomach dinner these days, so thought it would be beneficial for me to keep taking them, i still have half a bottle anyway.

min I took the elevit multivitaments from conception until I finished bf. At one point I couldn't get them and used the blackmore's pregnancy & bf multi's and they were good too.

I'm still taking Elevit Min. On the box it recommends taking them for a month before conception, during pregnancy & also during breastfeeding. So like Christy, I'll continue until I finish breastfeeding.

I'm still taking my blackmores too - they say on the bottle for pg and breastfeeding, so I'll keep taking them I guess until its all over - and then it will be time to start trying for number two!! What a cycle we are in!!
    One thing they are good for - if you keep getting M/S like some people here, or liek me you get a cold and are restricted on what you can eat, at least you feel like you are getting the vitamins??
    Yay - welcome to second tri!
    Fi

thanks gals, yeah i think i will keep takin ghtem, it cant hurt.

I don't take anything, I know I'm bad but I just can't stomach those huge horse tablets and the iron supplements just block me up, IYKWIM. My iron levels are always good, not sure how I surely don't eat that much meat. I do however try to eat better when I'm pg and bf but when you go on forever feeding it can be abit hard.

Take care
    Trish

I'm not taking any now either. I was taking some, but I asked my Dr about them (cause they weren't specifically for pg) he said they were fine, but said there is no real need to take them. He went on to say that women can support a baby and breastfeed without muit v's with no ill effects.... etc etc.

Tanya

Tanya, that is probably true if the woman partakes in a 100% perfectly well balanced diet and get RDI's of all vitamins and minerals that a developing foetus and breastfeeding baby needs, but i dont know any woman who does, i know i certainly don't!

My Dr said better to have too much than not enough!!! Your body just flushes out the excess, so we figured I would take out of them what I need my body would take & the rest can end up down the loo

I had problems with iron levels throughout Pg and found that I had to take the multi's & iron supplements otherwise I would get really weak & sick.

Thanks for asking the question Min! I was wondering myself. At the moment I am taking Fefol for folate and Iron, and the Blackmores Pg Multi. I was worried that it might be overkill on the folate and iron, but both the pharmacist and dr seem to think it's fine - like Sarah said - my body can pick and choose what it wants to keep and discard the rest! I guess I'll continue right up until I've finished breastfeeding...