Thread: My Baby is Moving Less

Default My Baby is Moving Less

So I was just wondering how normal this is.

In the last few weeks my baby's kicks have been getting stronger. It also usually has some very active periods in the evening and especially when I lie down.

Over the last couple of days it hasn't been moving as much. The kicks are smaller and occur less often. I'm still getting noticeable movement, probably at least a kick every hour, but it isn't as much as it was.

In fact, as I write I have had 5 kicks in a row, but they are small ones.

So does this sound normal?

as the space in there gets smaller, you will find u get less kicks. Also bub are like us, they have active days and quiet days. Usually u'll have a few fairly active days where u'll get lots and lots of kicks, and days where u'll only feel a few. As long as ur getting 10 (they say a day, but I'd say within 12hrs) then I'd say all is well. If you are worried about it at all, go to ur local hosp and they can do a qiock listen with a doppler or a scan etc to make sure bubs is ok. Goodluck hon.... Try to relax as it sounds completely normal *hugs*

Hi Holly,

It is normal that as bubs grows, you don't feel the kicking as strong as you used to as the room it has to wind up the kick becomes less! if you know what i mean?! You will however still notice movement as you have and as you get to 30 weeks, less kicking and more movement..! They also begin to have period of rest, sleep and movement, and you will start to notice these!! The general rule is 10 movements a day! if you can feel those bubs is fine!!

hope this helps

You will notice probably that even though the kicks aren't as hard, you might be starting to feel more rolling, body movements, as bubs starts to fill up the space in there quite quickly towards the end of the 2nd trimester. Also they start having patterns of rest time and awake time. Sometimes I could go for a few hours without feeling much at all.

Another thing, do you have an anterior placenta? If so then you probably wont feel as much to start with and as the placenta grows with your baby it would 'muffle' a lot of the movements too.

Thanks everyone,

I have definitely had more than 10 kicks today, they just don't seem as strong as a couple of days ago. Then again, maybe I'm just getting used to them.

I seem to only feel the kicks. My DH can feel all sorts of things through my tummy that I can't, which I find a bit weird.

And the placenta is up the top of my uterus, so that isn't getting in the way.

Maybe baby is just being a bit lazy. I gotta say, I've been surprised at how active it had been considering how lazy DH and I are! lol

have you noticed that your bump is bigger in the last week or so? The 2nd tri is where bubs does the most growing, so they could just be having a rest time after a growth spurt.

I haven't noticed much bump growth, but I do have a rather large bump.

Everything seems to be fine. I'm feeling relieved after we had a rather active night last night.

DH is really enjoying feeling my belly. He says that he can feel the kicks much more easily now.

So I think we just had a combination of a quiet couple of days and me getting used to the kicks.