Thread: My belly - squashed!

Default My belly - squashed!

Hey guys,

Might be me worrying about nothing as usual - but we have two dogs and this morning the smaller dog (a 11kg skinny spoodle) jumped on my belly, only one paw landed on my belly, but it gave me a fright - it didnt hurt, I was just worried about baby. I kind of figure there's a lot of cushioning there (my stomach, and the anterior placenta) but worry nonetheless.

Has anyone had any problems with animals or toddlers (!) jumping on your belly, and is it a cause for concern? Should I be worried (it's another 2 weeks before my next OB appointment).

Apple - don't worry... my kelpie does it to me a lot, so I asked about it, and my dr said even a car accident usually doesn't do any damage - they're better protected in there than we think they are. If something was wrong it would hurt so much you'd know about it!

Hi Apple,

My 2 year old DD is always jumping on my belly at night when we are sitting on the lounge - she's rough too, obv not understanding when i say 'watch the baby'. Last weekend was really hard, and i was sure i would find blood when i went to the toilet, but nope, nothing.
    Like dee said, they pretty well cushioned in there, im sure if youve felt no discomfort since then, all should be ok.

kerry Guest

I had a head on car accident during this pg and did the complete freak. Besides sporting a lovely seat belt shaped bruise across my chest and lower abdomn there were not problems for the baby.

mizzsocial Guest

You'd be surprised how the body protects the baby with so many layers!!!

Its easy to think that by a dog jumping on them it can hurt them, coz we always feel them kicking us! hehe. dont worry!!

I was vet nursing while PG and I got kicked and jumped on a lot, but luckily nothing too traumatic. Its still scary!

Thanks so much guys, you have said all the things I really needed to hear! IT seems I get to halfway between the last OB appointment and the next, and I find something to worry about!!

Thanks so much