Thread: Natural Remedies to Lower Blood Pressure??

Default Natural Remedies to Lower Blood Pressure??

Hi there

I was just wondering has anyone had any experience in using Natural Remedies to lower blood pressure??

I have been diagnosed with Mild Hypertension and given that it is only a mild case (150/85 was my blood pressure yesterday) the doctors are advising that I monitor this condition - which sounds like a brilliant idea except I don't have a blood pressure unit strapped to my arm as an accessory and feel that this kind of feedback from the docs is a little bit of a cop out and in return is probably adding to my already anxious state and helping to increase my blood pressure....

So having said all of that - I've used natural remedies at the beginning of my pregnancy for Morning Sickness which worked absolute wonders almost immediately and have come across some alternate - pregnancy friendly options for blood pressure and anxiety and was wondering has anyone used these before and what was the result like??

Would you recommend it?? or was it just a waste of time??

I'm all for natural remedies especially if they work....

Would love to hear anyones feedback - either positive or negative....

thanks

Dianna

hi diana,

i dont really know about this one. hope someone can help you.

good luck with it,

Linda

snowflake Guest

I've heard a few different things, the usual being eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially bananas and fruit like melons and dark green leafy vegetables. I have also heard that celery contains an oil that can also be helpful.

Hope it improves, try and de-stress

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Dianna

I was diagnosed as having high blood pressure from 23 wks.They also found protein in my urine.The only thing that worked for me was giving up work as that was the cause of me getting so worked up.As soon as I gave up work and went on maternity leave, my bp went down.

Personally I didn't try any tablets or anything to get my bp down.I was lucky and able to take leave early.

You could give them a try but I'd ask your doc first as even natural things you have to advise them that you are taking them.

Hi there Kirsty

I hope I'm not prying but do you remember what your blood pressure was at when you were diagnosed??

As with you I'm thinking that I'm going to have to finish up with work alot earlier than I expected - I don't work for the most "family friendly" organisation and since announcing my pregnancy they seem to have loaded me up with more work rather than lessening it.....get me out of here!!!

di 8-[

Debbie Lee Guest

Di - urrgh.. that's no good about your workplace. I had high BP towards the end of my pregnancy so I wasn't really offered any medication. I ended up being induced early because they feared my high BP could result in pre-eclampsia (even though I had no fluid retention and bubs was extremely happy).
    Anyway... I am glad you asked this question because I would want to do all I could to lower my BP naturally if and when I get preggo again (hopefully I will be a good few kilos lighter which I'm sure would help me).
    Good luck with it all! Sounds like leaving work early might be just the ticket! I left work @ 26 weeks but only because I had to - the school year ended!

Hi there Debbie

it's funny you say that about not being offered any medication - as yet neither have i which to many may seem OK but I'm definitely one of these people that if there is a problem let's find the solution....

long story short i have contacted my naturopath who has made some suggestions on a tonic - Raspberry, Black Haw and Squaw Vine - however I'm actually meeting with her on Thursday evening to get a better diagnosis of my condition - she is so lovely she has even offered to take my blood pressure once a week free of charge so that we can stay on top of this....I've looked up these herbs noted above and so far all feedback has been very positive - especially the Black Haw (I know funny name ) this apparently has been used in time to eleviate pending miscarriages however is quite potent in relaxation remedies and also reduction in blood pressure - i'll just have to wait and see - either way I don't want to take anything that is putting my child and/or myself at further risk - so I'll be asking all the right questions....

In return I could just win lotto and stay at home....that would definitely get rid of the High Blood pressure.

thanks

dianna