Thread: Need some advice

nanny Guest

Smile Need some advice

Hi

I am having the bassinet/ cot dilemma and need some advice. I have already bought my cot, and am not really interested in spending another $200+ on a bassinet. I would like to hear from other women who have put their newborn straight away into a cot in the baby's room.

Advice, thoughts?
    Nan

You can buy inserts that can be placed inside a cot if you think you'll need it. but otherwise bubs should be fine in a cot. Wrapping them can make them feel snug regardless of the size of their bed IYKWIM?

Your cot should be fine if it meets the Australian guidelines

I put Jack into a cot from day 1 in his own room and all. We bought a "Snuggle Bed" which we put into the cot to help make it a little more cosy for him and also the tetra mattress that the snuggle bed is made from is SIDS freindly which was a fanatastic bonus. We also took the snuggle bed with us on weekends away etc to give him the familiar surroundings and smell of his own bed as it fits nicely into a port-a-cot. He slept in it until he was 6 months old. Still, it was about $100.00 but I'd swear by it.

Hi,

Have a look around cos you might be able to get a bassinette from someone else for a really great price. If not, then just put the baby straight in the cot.

I managed to get one of those really nice bassinettes they commonly have in the shops at the moment and retail for about $200 for $40 and it was in excellent condition.

Melody Guest

I went straight to cot & will do the same with #2 & however many may come after. Your bubba has no expectations regarding cot vs. bassinette so if you wrap snuggly & feel secure in the knowlege that bub is safe & well in the cot then don't feel torn. Cot is fine

catherine Guest

I'm glad I saw this post. I'm quite keen to put bubs straight into cot (I know it's prob a bit early to be thinking about all this stuff....but anyway). MIL has already started pushing the bassinette that my husband slept in when he was a child (as did his 7 brothers and sisters!) on me and I don't want it - it's old and fusty and yuck! Now at least I can tell hubby that a cot is just as comfy!