Thread: Nipple Question? TMI?

Question Nipple Question? TMI?

I have been noticing heaps of changes in my nipples but tonight I was scratching them and chunks of skin fell off! :eek:

they are really dry and yuck, and cracked. is this normal?

I had this happen at around 20 weeks. So i think it would be normal. Not sure what it's caused by though. Put lanolin on them and it should go away.

Are you moisturising them, Danni? I know mine shed a lot of skin so I'm exfoliating and moisturising them quite a lot and that seems to be keeping them looking OK.

Debbie Lee Guest

Danni - my nipples changed heaps when I was pregnant. I can remember being amazed at how dark they went! Neil called them "big chocolate buddies".
    Mine didn't go dry but maybe it's a good idea to grab some lansinoh... you'll need it for BFing later anyway so a big tube would be a good investment. You can also use it to lanolise soakers if you get some to go with your nappies

Oh, also when you shower, don't wash your boobs with soap, just use water, as the soap will also dry them out.

Just a question - do you have to use lanolin or does vitamin e cream or another moisturiser work just as well?

I used Lanolin cream starting at about 20 weeks pregnant - i found it really helped i didn't end up with cracked nipples.