Thread: Is this normal

Default Is this normal

I wanted to find out if anyone lese arund 19 weeks is feeling the baby kick above your belly button area? The baby is moving so much now dailyy and kicks quite hard as well and everyone is feeling it now, yipee! But when it moves it feels like iot must be very long cause I have movemt in so many places at once it feel strange, and this is number six for us. When it moves I feel kicks way above my belly button and I thought it shouldnt be bale to reach that high yet? Is this normal?

I am having our big ultrasound next Monday and will be finding out the sex yeahhhhhh I am so excited but nervous too cause I didnt get a scan done at 12 weeks like most women do so I have no idea what is going on in there! I had one at 8 weeks but it showed a blob and thats it!

I am really starting to feel scared that something might be worng to feel movement in that area cause when I feel it above the belly button it moves at the sametime right down low where the c-section scar is so it would have to be very long woudn't it!

PLease any advice!

Not too sure Soul. I have felt movement up fairly high and also feels like around on my left side which I thought a bit strange. I haven't felt high and low movement at the same time though. All should be fine I would say. Oh and Michelle was wondering how you were doing...so pop into our belly buddies and tell her you're alive and well hehe.

I occasionally feel something like a kick that feels way to high. Not to sure if it is a kick or if it's just a radiated feeling from a wee bit lower. I'm sure everything is ok.

Sounds like there could be more than one in there to me...........!!

jac we are due on exactly the dame day! Do you get what I am talking about? It can't be "Two" hun cause I had that scan done at 8 weeks pregnant and it only showed one bubba! Well four more days till we find out now, would you all like me to let you know and let you know what the sex is?

Thanks my sweets for trying to help!

lol just had to add i feel kicks high and low only cause i am having 2 bubs was going to say u might be having 2 until i seen someone else post the same suggestion.....

kylie

I was thinking the same as Jac!

The fundus (top of the uterus) is meant to get to level with your belly button at week 20 but if you're already up so high...is there any chance the scan at 8 weeks was a little hurried? I know someone who is a twin and even though his mother had a scan early on, they missed one fetus so she just thought she was having one huge baby until the last minute!

Soul,
    What you are experiencing sounds quite normal. It is accurate that at 20 weeks the fundus (top of your uterus) roughly = your umbilicus or belly button. However you are an old hand at the pregnancy game and many women who have had mulitiple pregnancies experience what you are. Women who have had a few pregnancies often measure a little more than dates when the fundus is measured too. I have! Remember that the uterus isn't static, yor baby is moving lots and if it is lying up high or to the side and gives you a nice prod then it is more than probable that this would be felt higher than your umbi.

I think you can expect only good news on Monday. Your baby is moving well by the sounds and the movements are strong. I look forward to hearing wonderful things from your visit.

Flowerchild I will let you know for sure!

So you think it's normal for bub six? 'Sighs with relief"! 3 days and I will know for sure.

its abut a couple of centimeters above my belly buton and I nevber had that with number five. It's got me really confused but like oyu said its most likley all normal.

The 8 week scan was done in about 4 minutes it was just to ceck if there was aheart beat and it wasn't even in a dark room like they usually do. S yeah it was the quickest scan I have ever had lol. She saw it had a heart beat and that was it! All done and off the bed! thansk ladies!

Soul, I'm 21 weeeks and the last couple of days I have felt baby kicking me around my belly button. Today it felt like it was kicking my ribs. Maybe your baby is upside down?
    This is my first pregnancy, so i have no idea what "normal" for me. People say that things happen quicker when youve been pregnant before - eg: show sooner, feel movement sooner etc, so its probably normal. When I went to my midwives appointment a week ago, they told me the top of my uterus should be aroud my belly button, so i think its probably possible depending on where your baby is positioned..

Babies are quite long at 19 weeks. They're already about the full length of your belly so it's possibly he/she is getting you in two very different spots at the same time. They just don't have much muscle yet and are really skinny. Maybe you just have a stronger than usual bubs.

Just wondering how you went Soul?
    Sending lots of love your way...