Thread: Is this normal? RE: APPOINTMENTS..

mizzsocial Guest

Default Is this normal? RE: APPOINTMENTS..

When i was preggo with my son, i saw my OB every 4 weeks, then every 2 weeks after 28 weeks then after 36 weeks every week..

This pregnancy, im having midwifes look after my care at the Sunshine Hospital.. and i went there on the 16th Of November, and they booked me in for another appointment on the 11th Janurary 2006??

Is that space too far?? Im not sure if Midwife care do it different to OBS??

Hi Mizzsocial
    I am the same as your first pregnancy - I see my doc every 4 weeks then every 2 weeks from 28 weeks and then every week from 36 - But there are other people i know that hardly ever go to the doc - I'm sure if they needed to see you more they would let you know. Hope you have a H&H
    pregnancy

Jacci

abs Guest

Hi
    seeing you are only at 12 weeks, I don't really see it being a problem, unless there is actually a problem

We went from 12w to 20w no drama. Next appt is only a 3.5week gap due to xmas and holidays and stuff

Are you doing share care with your GP and Midwife or Midwife only. I have a pretty big gap between midwife visits like you but I also see a GP every month so I figured that is why the there was such a big gap. I would have thought that you should be seeing someone at least once a month in the first 8 months.

I'm going through my GP and although had the first at 6 then the next at 10weeks I'm not having another until 16weeks - how much this has to do with Xmas I don't know cause otherwise it would be 2.5 weeks since my last or 5 weeks anyway. He seemed to think everything was going fine, it was my second so I knew what to look out for but if any hassles let him know and he'll fit me in before.

I've had big gaps all the way. I am not seeing the midwives weekly now either. I think if you have normal blood pressure and all seems ok, they will let you go longer. I much prefer to not have to go in all the time. My last appointment was 38 weeks and I hope I dont get to my next one at 40 weeks!!
    In the beginning I had huge gaps as well, so don't worry xxo

mizzsocial Guest

Thanks for all your input ladies!!

abs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mizzsocial
    *cough*

mizzsocial Guest

Quote Originally Posted by abs
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzsocial
    *cough*