Thread: Not eating as much - after 12 week mark

Default Not eating as much - after 12 week mark

Hi,

Whilst i seemed to be a ravenous pig in my early weeks of pregnancy, i seemed to have not necessarily cut back, but i find i dont need something to eat every hour, like i did in week 7 or 8 of prg. Anyone else feel like this??

Melinda Guest

I remember this!!! I remember my appetite used to come and go quite a bit. Sometimes it would seem that I was eating quite normally, other times I felt like I had to remind myself to eat!!! So yes, I really think it is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

Kirsty77 Guest

Yeh I had this.From all the nausea I had from wk7 to about wk12 I felt sick all the time but had to be basically eating all the time, although all I could eat was fruit everything else would make me sick!I lost 6 kilos first tri.Second tri my appetite slowly came back but now in third tri with no room I have no appetite again.

Yeh this was about te time i had the same thing. I never had mornign sickness, but found myself abit nauseous, and i didn't have a very big appetite around this time either. As long as you are eating thats the main thing

yes i would have to agree. Although i am not as far along as some of you i too have found that i don't need to be constantly eating anymore or eating larger portions than normal. I am however still craving the same things (KFC or chips with gravy, and the new one wheet bix! what the?) but not as much as around 7-8 weeks. Food though will still help ease the diziness and sometimes the .

Kas

I was also the same. I had an image of me eating, eating eating. And while for the first 12 weeks i had to snack to stop from being sick (it didnt always work) after that i also had to remind myself and sometimes force myself to eat. I just didnt get that ravenous eating state. Late in preg i just craved ice cream and would have been happy (although i didnt) just eating that. LOL
    Pregnancy is such an awesome time, just trust your body knows what is right.

Lee-Ann Guest

Yes I was the same, in the first 8 weeks I felt like my appetite had increased but I also went through being hungry looking a food and losing my appetite cos it wasn't what I seemed to feel like. In fact I would say my appetite is very normal at the moment in fact my DH always asks me "have you eaten?" cos he thinks I should be eating more.

i was the same, but probably up to about 18 or 20 weeks. i couldnt go for more than an hour or 2 without eating, and now i feel almost back to 'normal'. it is a releif!!

Linda