Thread: not gaining enuf weight

tianar Guest

Default not gaining enuf weight

Hi girls im a little worried coz im not gaining weight . im 22 wks pregnant and started at a healthy weight of 62kg. ive only gained 2kg so far and in the last month have put on nothing. should i be worried.my bump is very small and seems to be from the navel down nothing above. baby moves lots so thats reassuring.

I dont think its anything to worry about. I am 28 weeks tomorrow and I havent put on anything at all. Maybe good idea to get a quick check up with your ob. As long as baby is growing ok, theres nothing to worry about

~Jane~ Guest

I think these weight gain guides are just that and average or a guide.

I have put on 3.5kg and am 17 weeks tomorrow, so depending on where I read up on it have gained too much or am on track. I am eating very healthily with the odd treat and was about 8 kgs over my ideal weight when I became pregnant. I would check with your OB but like Danni says often it's nothing to worry about.

HI I was about the same weight as you when I got pg, I'm only 15 weeks now but I havn't really gained any weight yet. But what I have noticed is my belly has expanded a little but I've lost weight in my face, neck arms, and legs. Plus for my height I was only just in a healthy weight range, and I could have done with loosing another 5 kg's so I figure bubs is using up my excess for me.

and as you said bubs moves heaps. Maybe you just don't need to gain weight yet.

You've got absolutely nothing to worry about!! At my 22wk appointment I had only put on 1kg and my OB was not worried at all. Most of the weight you'll put on will be in the third trimester, so please don't worry!!

As someone else mentioned, as long as bubs is growing and moving around, you're fine.

Take care.

Kelly xxx

I was the same weight as you when I got pregnant with Toby. I hardly put on anything for the first six months, about 2 kilos I think.
    I put on 9kg total and the vast majority of that was in the third trimester. My OB wasn't worried about it at all. My son was 8lbs so he obviously didn't suffer for it either
    Don't worry it's all good.

I too have only put on 2 kgs and I am nearly 22 weeks. My Obs doesn't even weigh his patients. As long as bubs is growing, there should be nothing to worry about

Don't worry its normal. You will probably atart to put weight on in the next couple of weeks

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

I didn't gain any weight at all throughout my pregnancy with my DS, with my daughter I hovered around 5 kgs above my usual weight. After both births and the weeks after I lost quite a bit of weight and weighed the lightest I ever have in my adult years, which was great as I felt wonderful. Don't be too concerned as like the others have said, it is quite normal....but if it really concerns you then have a check-up, just to put your mind at ease.

I dont think its a problem. I think I had put on about the same amount of weight by 22 weeks too and the midwives just said some people put lots of weight on while others dont put on much at all.