Thread: Not sure... gender

Exclamation Not sure... gender

Hi all
    I had my 19 wk scan the other day at the hospital & I had a trainee person do it (she had another lady come in a few times to check she was doing it right) I was told that they check for abnormalities & everything but im just stressing because she couldnt even tell what was what a few times! like how would she be able to tell if there was something not right with bub?! Also said she wasnt very sure but she thinks it could be a girl coz she didnt think she saw anything down there..im wondering if i could have had a better idea if i had someone that knew exactly what there doing.. i guess i had an idea that i would find out what sex bub is & could start think pink or blue

Hmmm that's not very good in my opinion ,they should have had someone supervising her constantly not just every now & again ,maybe u should bring it up with your doctor or the hospital if u r really concerned.
    As for the sex of the baby even the experienced ones can't always b sure,it depends how well the baby is positioned.Sometimes it's blindingly obvious wether it's a boy or girl but sometimes they just can't tell.I have always asked to know the sex & they have been wrong every time,it was always the opposite to what they thought it "might " be because my children were never in the prime position to tell so i never really took it as gospel anyway & only bought nuetral stuff until the baby was actually born.

i would ask for another scan and someone that knows wat they r doing.

There is always a Dr that checks the films & writes the report before they are given to you as far as I know, so they should have been checked afterwards. If you're not happy, call them back & tell them you'd like it redo without a trainee.

I second what most of your responses have been, call back and ask for another scan. Thats what i would do.
    Goodluck

I agree with the others. Call back and ask for another scan.

Smile thanks

thanks all, will do.