Thread: Nothing nothing nothing ... BAM!

Default Nothing nothing nothing ... BAM!

I have had the easiest pregnancy, so easy that it started to feel very unreal. I've had almost no symptoms and was just getting on with life ...

Than I hit 17 weeks, my belly popped out, I finally gained some weight, and all of a sudden I felt baby giving me a series of good solid kicks. It's like baby just woke up and went "oh, by the way ... here I am".

I was reading a book in bed, with the book resting on my abdomen and baby clearly didn't like it, so it gave the book a couple of firm kicks. I put my hand over the same spot and I watched my ring finger jump a couple of times as baby kicked my hand. It's pretty cool. So glad to finally feel pregnant!!

Congrats - its a great feeling huh

ohhh i love that feeling. i didn't feel my baby move from the outside till i was 20 weeks, but i had my ipod resting on my belly while listening to music, and i saw it jump when my baby gave a good kick.

Awesome stuff

Yes! The best feeling when it all becomes real! Congrats!

I love that feeling! Cant wait to feel it here

The only bad thing was, when I called my husband to come have a feel, the baby stopped kicking. He's really looking forward to feeling the baby kick.

Oooo, i'm so jealous. I struggle to feel the little flutters. I have to lay down with my legs slightly elevated & really focus. You're so lucky....

Default Know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by kuraiza View Post

The only bad thing was, when I called my husband to come have a feel, the baby stopped kicking. He's really looking forward to feeling the baby kick.
    Our jellybean still does this. Hubby comes over to have a feel and Jellybean stops kicking until he moves his hand and then JB will kick again. Almost as though JB is being cheeky already.

That's fabulous!

DD always stopped kicking when DF wanted to feel...then one day when I was about 22 weeks he was'talking' to her through my bellbutton (where else? lol) and he put his ear on my belly to 'hear' her response (dag) and she booted him in the face!! pmsl his head actually flew up he was that taken aback...

Enjoy the rest of your pregancy ...it is such a migical time!

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    That's fabulous!

DD always stopped kicking when DF wanted to feel...then one day when I was about 22 weeks he was'talking' to her through my bellbutton (where else? lol) and he put his ear on my belly to 'hear' her response (dag) and she booted him in the face!! pmsl his head actually flew up he was that taken aback...

Enjoy the rest of your pregancy ...it is such a migical time!

PMSL!! Jellybean does this too. I think it's so funny but hubby pertends to be upset.

Yeah it was fun for a couple of weeks, but now I'm getting sick of getting kicked in the bladder.

My husband thinks it's great fun, though.

I love sticking my belly up next to DH's head and letting bub kick him in the head. hahahaha
    DH loves poking around my belly and trying to see what he can discover - a foot, an elbow... and he loves it when he pokes here and she kicks back, he thinks it's fantastic. I just love that he's developing a bond with her already

It is gorgeous isn't it, I love it when Shel sits and talks into my belly. She's gotten a few kicks in the head Bubble is pretty cheeky most days though, and stops kicking/moving as soon as she comes over to feel/watch!

wonderful feeling isn't it? Its like its real all of a sudden ...

Tia-jayne Guest

Kicks are sooo great I forgot how good they feel. DS kicked me low the whole time, and always in the bladder. But this bubs is still only kicking softly but in last few days it has started kicking so much more and harder yay. I cant wait till we can feel from the outside so DS can feel it.