Thread: Numb Leg

Default Numb Leg

Ever since I went back to work on Jan 10 after Christmas break, I've been having a real problem with my left leg.
    It started out as a hot and cold sensation in my thigh and then along the outside of my thigh went numb from my hip to my knee. First off it only happened if I was on my feet for an extended period, and would go away quickly. But now my leg goes numb if I stand for even a short period, and if I stand up for a long time it takes forever for the feeling to come back to my leg.
    It gets extremely painful after a full days work on my feet, but I don't want to give up work this early and there's nothing I can do at work in the way of a sit down job.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Cheers, Cindy

It could be the baby on one of your nerves that is causing the numbness, if your worried you should see your GP. HTH.

littlerigger Guest

Cindy,
    I can completely relate except my leg goes numb when I sit with an intense pain in my hip. I'm going to talk to my doc about it on wednesday. Maybe I can give you an insight then into what it could be.

Candy

DoubleK Guest

I have a similar problem, although i get pins and needles rather than numbness.
    I've been told its probably the baby pressing against a nerve.

Went to the doctor today and he told me that it's a nerve. Nothing that can be done about it, everything should return to normal after the baby is born. He said he sees this problem in about 1 in 50 pregnancies.
    Oh well, that's the only problem I have so I can consider myself lucky.