Thread: numbness in my leg....

Question numbness in my leg....

I'm pretty sure it's not due to this pregnancy but i have woken up a few times and the top outer part of my right leg is numb. This is the spot where i had an injection just after giving birth to my first son and it was numb for ages after, maybe months. But still every so often if i lay on it too long it goes numb for a bit.... Has anyone else had this happen after the injection? (can't remember what it was called....but it was literally just after my son was born) I keep forgetting to mention it to my ob.

Not sure if i posted this in the right spot either....

The injection to deliver the placenta??

I dont have a numb leg, nor do i remember the spot i was jabbed

Perhaps a pinched nerve??

Yeah it was the injection for the placenta. If it was a pinched nerve wouldn't it hurt instead of go numb?
    It was 3 years ago... maybe theres damaged tissue or something...

Yeah I had this the other day my leg from my knee down went numb, I was told by an ob that it was most likely a pinched nerve, which are more common in pregnancy.

Hi Nell
    A pinched nerve can cause numbness

So does this mean it's always going to be like it is now?
    Thanks for all your replies.

It is possable. It would depend on what is causing the numbness. If the nerve was damaged by the needle It may stay as it is now. If it is caused by your baby then it should retun to normal

Thanks for that ALan, i appreciate it. I was more curious then concerned about it but i'll bring it up at my next appointment if i remember!

I have a pinched nerve in my leg, I was in agony when it first happened and couldn't walk I was only 20 weeks too. At one stage the Dr thought I might be stuck with it until the end.

Now it is just numb and it gets itchy. I am happy to have a small bump because as I get bigger I have been warned it may get worse leaving me stuck in bed again.