Thread: Pain!

Unhappy Pain!

This may be TMI but owee it hurts so much! Woke up this morn went to the toilet and afterwards when i went to get up i got this severe sharp stabbing pain in my right lower abdo and right groin. I made it back to bed but then was doubled over. It eased after an hour when i fell back asleep. I woke then a while later feeling fine until i got up and went to the toilet and the same thing happened after going. I rang the hospital because my gp/ob doesn't work saturdays. They suggested panadol and heatpack because it sounded like a ligament pain. So i did this and it did ease until i went to get back up! Ever since i've had constant right lower abdo pain that gets worse on walking and movement. Went to the hospital for a check up on midwives advice and they think it's ligament pain because of exactly where the pain is (they are sending my urine of to be tested just in case) but say that at 19 weeks it is a bit early for such severe ligament pain. I've been resting all afternoon as they advised but everytime i get up it comes back, it's so painful it makes me feel sick. Has anyone else got this so early and please tell me it goes away?:eek: I feel useless. Bubby is ok, got to hear the heart beat. I suppose i just want to know that this is not unusual. I'm not concerned, just sore!!

Rachael, I had this about a month ago - except it was more generalised in location. For me it started right groin and then progressed across my entire abdomen and up to my ribs. For me it hurt to move and I found my breathing shallowed right out. I tried to deepen my breathing but that hurt even more. For me it started at midnight and lasted until at least 6pm. I spoke to my OB who said it was musculoskeletal pain and to go home (I had dragged myself to work) and take a hot bath then rest and apply heat packs. I did that and it went away. On Wed you would never have known!

HTH.

MG

Oh mothergoose i hope this is the same kind of thing and i'm back to normal tomorrow. This is probably little ones way of telling me to stop! Although, i'm supposed to be going back to work on monday night for the first time after 4 weeks annual leave - there is no way i can do my job with pain like this! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is gone tomorrow!

I had this at about 15-16 weeks and it was so bad I spend a night in hospital! It went away after a day and nothing ever came of it! Now at 27 weeks...

Should also say my pain was also on the right side but I have had abdominal surgery previously to do with my intestines. At the ER they were somewhat concerned about it being appendicitus but decided the symptoms didn't quite match up and to wait a bit to see what happened. You could get it checked out to make sure.

I had pain today on both sides...going down the sides of my belly to my groin. I had spent the morning walking around for hours, so I've put it down to a combination of that and ligaments being more stretchy than what they were. With anything to do with pg if you're worried though, best thing is to call doc or hospital, after all that's what they're there for and we pay them for

Thanks ladies, jja - i don't have an appendix anymore! I did go to the hospital, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't strange and unusual to get this! I'm still convinced it is definitely my ligaments though.

annef6722 Guest

hi rachel and ladies
    i had a bad pain in my first preg, at about 7months - and i'm dreading getting it again this time. i think it was ligament stretching, and was told to avoid stairs and hills (which is a bit hard - i have to go downstairs at work to use the toilet - so that's unavoidable!).
    it felt like the baby was swinging off my kidneys or something. i had to double over, and would end up on the floor. i was a bank teller at the time, and left work at 7months, partly due to the fear of getting the pain at work, infront of everyone.
    i'll try the wheat pack if i get it this time.
    hope it goes away for you rachel, and everyone else - its not what you need!

Thanks Anne, thankfully (touch wood), it has gone for now and i'm not in any hurry to get it back!!