Thread: Pain in Legs

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Question Pain in Legs

Heya!!
    Umm, i really dont know how to describe it really, but ive got this weird pain/sensation in my legs, mainly around my shin bones. Its kinda a throbbing feeling, and maybe a bit of a burny pain too.
    Ive had this kind of pain sensation before, but not while being PG though, i think it was only when i was on the pill, and i got it in my arm, my legs etc. But then it only lasted for a couple of hours. Id usually take panadol to relieve it coz id seem to have it when im trying to sleep, and panadol would usually do the job. Being PG i dont really want to over use any sort of drugs, so im staying clear.
    But this started yesterday afternoon/last night, and has kinda been constant since, i can feel it more when i sit down. And more in my left leg too. It could be coz i was on my feet all day yesterday at work, but in previous instances i havent gotten it because of being on my feet all day or over using my arms etc.
    Umm i dont know what else i can say about it, and i hope ive explained myself so that others can understand what im trying to say, and could possibly tell me what it COULD be and what i could do to relieve it. And if it would be serious enough to call my midwives about...dont wanna seem silly...

Thank you all! I know ill get some explanations of what it could be and what i should do about it!

cant say I have had the pain you are talking about but I did get alot of pain in my legs while pg but it was more nerve type pain it is ok to take panadol while pg so you might want to give this ago otherwise tell your doc just to make sure all is ok when it comes to your health and the health of your baby there is no such thing as silly questions.

sorry I couldnt be anymore help..

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Thank you tali for replying!!
    Its not really a nerve kinda pain, i dont know what pain id say it is.
    Im just a bit worried that it may be a clot...

Umm, i *think* i just felt a twinge in my upper arm...or maybe im worrying too much and im starting to imagine the pain...

Mmm dunno if its like the pain I had when I was PG, started bout 20 weeks aswell. I would wake almost everynight with servere cramps in my legs, was told I needed more salt?

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Salt?? Lol, thats random, but could make sense, im not much of a salt person...i mean, i dont add extra salt to my food, but i do eat salty food...did the doc say it was called anything in particular??

I cant say though that the pain could be described as 'cramps'...

Heeey...i dunno if it would be a good kinda description...but it could work...but you know how *if* you were to sit down for a long period of time, with your legs crossed, eventually one of the legs will get a achey kinda pain, then when u move them usually you will get pins and needles due to lack of blood?? Well that kinda pain before the pins and needles come!! Which is kinda why it worry's me a bit, coz wouldnt that mean my legs arent getting enough blood, which COULD be a clot

Aaah yeah I would go get it checked put just incase! Im not one to add salt to my food either and i was abit taken back when told that was the problem,lol cause I wouldnt have guessed that in a hundred yrs,lol

Sounds like leg cramps to me - I've got the same thing, its like nerve pain, like you might not be getting enough blood to your legs. I thought about the blood clot thing too, especially as my Mum had varicose veins when she was younger.

My doctor told me to increase my calcium and magnesium - I think it tends to be a lack of salts that causes the problems - But I'd just give your ob a call and check, they will let you know the best plan of attack.

And my ob said taking panadol for the pain was no problem at all.

Meg do you sleep on your back?

Butterfly_Princess Guest

no i usually sleep on my tummy/side at the same time...so not fully on my tummy and not fully on my side...i may end up on my back but im most comfortable on my tummy, or side, or in between.

How are you today hope the leg pain is going but if its still there then maybe its best to go and see a doctor just so that you ( then us when you up date) know what is going on..

Good luck hope all is well.

I'd get it checked out if your worried. But, it is really normal to have all kinds of funny leg pains in pg. Sometimes I get stabbing pains (more in thighs) - which is think is when bub leans on a nerve, sometimes aches, sometimes they just feel really tired & sore (even if I've only just woken up). May get better on its own once bub moves position?

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hey Girls,
    Just letting you know the pain is gone But next time i might call my midwife about it and see what she says, if there is a next time. I think it *may* have been being on my legs constantly the day before, i hardly had any time to sit down, i had all sorts of aches after working! Thank gawd ive quit
    But it just worried me that it could be DVT...so i may bring it up at my next appt with the midwife and just see what she says regardless if i get it again or not.

Yeah just bring it up anyway and see what they say..

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.
    I have sore legs to, sorta like when you have cramps, but without the cramps!
    I mentioned it to my midwife but she didn't seem to impressed, just thought it was one of those pregnancy thingies.

Good luck!

hey meg,
    i have been having this too. i would explain it as it feels liek u have been walking all day and then when u sit down u get that aching feeling. but for me i am on my bum like 80% of the day. and when i do walk or go to gym it is so much worse.