Thread: Pain in lower abdomen

Default Pain in lower abdomen

last night I moved my leg in an upward motion whilst laying on my side in bed and I had the most terrible pain I was almost in tears it felt like my left ovary was being squeezed and twisted and I have had it for most of today aswell I have been worried as to what it could be but have also been thinking its maybe a ligiment pain or a stretching pain or perhaps I pulled something last night,

Has anyone else had this, I dont have an OB appointment for atleast another 3 weeks yet, no other things are happening.

The other thing I though it may be is a urinery tract infection, as my urine has been a little cloudy lately and the pain is where my bladder would be is that usually how a bladder infection might affect you I have never really had one so I dont know????

TIA

What you are describing sounds exactly like the ligament pain I get. I told my dr last visit that it's so bad it feels like I've twisted an ovary. Sometimes it lasts for a few hours, sometimes for the day. I wake up DP at night whimpering in my sleep because of it.

Saying that though, from what else you are saying, I reckon you should get it checked out hun, better to be safe and not worry.

it could be just a pulled muscle as everything gets sorted in there but I really don't know.
    Im sorry im not much help I just wanted to give you some sympathy
    Maybe if it doesn't go away in the next few days go to the dr. But I think if you havn't had any bleeding then generally you should be ok.
    I hope someone else has a better answer for you! he he
    xox

Hi, I've had some shocker pains on and off, i think it's probably a pulled ligament or a muscle or something. You can probably take some panadol, rest a bit and use a hot wheat bag to help out until it starts feeling better.

However, if you are still worried trust your own instincts and see your GP.

HTH
    Last edited by AnyDream; April 11th, 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Thankyou everyone,

I think its ligiments too, I was rushing around before trying to get the kids to bed and the dogs sorted and I stood up quickly and WOAH there it was in full force so I think it fits the type of pain I am having.

But I will most certainly take your advice and head to the dr's if it keeps up or starts to worry me.
    Thanks again