Thread: pains

maggie Guest

Default pains

Hi, I am almost 18weeks, & all day I have had like gas pains, which are causing stomach pains. They are not cramps, just an ongoing belly ache. I was very constipated this morning as well.. Is this something I should be concerned about , does it sound like a bad sign.. is it normal to get this sort of stomach pain, its not stretching, its like when u have food poisining…

im not an expert sorry maggie.

But could it be caused from the constipation? have you tried metamucil or just a good bowl of weetbix to try and help?

Hi Maggie,

Im 19 weeks this week and I get this too. Particulary while I eat or just after. I try and walk around with it to calm it down and also have been told to increase vegetables and fruit to get rid of it by my OB and GP.. are you still taking folate? if so swap to the multi vitamins for pregnancy as you maybe taking too much folate causing constipation.

Bel

I get that too, but its just wind for me. If you are concerned call your midwife or GP. I think its pretty common though

Hi Maggie
    It sound like it's the constipation that is causing the pain. Make aure that you drink lots of fluids ( 2-3 litres a day) and have lots of fiber in your diet