Thread: Pains when walking

Default Pains when walking

Does anyone ever get pains in the uterus when walking around? I was at the shops today & had pain on my right hand side when I walked around. Mind you I really wasn't moving very fast!! It was fine when I was standing or sitting. I was wondering if maybe bubs was wedged in that side & that's why it hurt? Another time I was at home & the same thing happened, but I was able to just lie down until it passed.

I get all sorts of weird and wonderful uterus pains and I'm only 17 weeks. I reckon it's often just random growth spurts although my bubs would be quite a bit smaller than yours at the moment.

I've experienced growing pains since day dot so I'm use to them but I did have a few ouchy ones the other week that hurt while I was walking around. Every time I mention it to my OB he reminds me about the ligaments and how they're like strings holding onto the uterus - like a hot air balloon - and will stretch and hurt now and then. When I think of his analogy, I always feel better about it.

Not sure that helped you mcuh but know that you're not alone with the pains!

When I walk down the road to get the mail for work or go to lunch etc I sometimes get some little pains. Nothing major, just feels like pressure pains where bub is, I feel quite 'tight' in a certain area which is where I get the little pains.

I get cramps in the muscles at the bottom of my uterus at night if I move too fast.

I had similar pains/discomfort when I was pregnant. I think it's pretty normal - there's a lot of extra weight and pressure there, so there's bound to be some discomfort.

Thanks for your replies girls. Seems it's pretty normal, but I still can't help having a little panic when things like that happen!! Everything is so new when you're pregnant isn't it?

It's easy to worry. The pains I get aren't far off what you get when in labour - but they're not labour pains - just moving too fast.

All sorts of stuff is stretching and copping a flogging - so no wonder.