Thread: pelvic floor ache/pain

belinda3 Guest

Default pelvic floor ache/pain

hi all,
    i dont see too many complaints about general aches and pains in the pelvic floor. i am finding it is slowing me right down and struggling to be on my feet at work. my last 2 pregnancies were pretty easy i think, but i have a long way to go and its hard already.
    i actually wondered if i was overdoing the pelvic floor exercises and causing the muscle aches. does anyone have the same ?

belinda3

I had a lot of pressure on my PF with my last pregnancy. I'd just rest as much as possible (easier said than done I know ) Hope it eases up for you - mention it at your next appointment and see if there's anything they can do.

elizabetty Guest

I wonder if its your pelvic joints relaxing. I get a pain around where I imagine the joint is it feels like pulling through the front of my pelvic floor. The physio explained that the bones are separating and that's pulling the muscles into position they don't like. Mine gets a little bit better if I brace through my pelvic floor and lower abdominal muscles. I wear a pelvic support belt when I'm at work, it definately helps, and icing it for about 10miniutes at night also helps, it does look a little funny though.
    Hope it gets better.
    Tracy

belinda3 Guest

how does the pelvic support belt go, i havent seen one, i guess they are available at maternity/ baby shops are they. sounds like a good idea.

elizabetty Guest

It is basically a piece of wide elastic that has velcro on the end and you put it around you hips and cross the velcro low down over the front of your pelvic joint. Both times I've got them from the physio. If you have private health insurance the physio will give you a letter and your insurance company should give you some money back. I find it really good for when I'm working, I'm no where near as sore when I wear it.

Our babies are due on the same day!
    Tracy

belinda3 Guest

thanks tracy,
    i wonder who gets there first! i would be quite happy to be a few weeks early. my first child was 2 weeks late, 2nd was 1 week early.
    i think i will chase up a belt, it is worth a try especially to get through days on my feet at work. i have made an extra effort to slow down and put my feet up during the day before i get sore, and it has helped somewhat, (but i havent been at work).
    belinda

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Belinda, I found that I had almost unbearable pelvic pain with pregnancy no 2 as well, and my Obs said it gets worse with each pregnancy!

I don't have any suggestions, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you, I know how much it hurts and I am not looking forward to it in about 20 weeks either!

belinda3 Guest

ta Relle,
    i guess i was lucky not to have it previous pregnancies. 16 more weeks to put up with it and hope it doesnt get too much worse. maybe once my belly gets bigger it can all hang out the front and the pressure will move to my abdo muscles for a change!
    belinda