Thread: Pizza Hut

Default Pizza Hut

My step sons Birthday is in 2 weeks time and he wants to go to Pizza Hut for his party.

Would the pizza`s be okay for me to eat if I hopefully manage to get some slices as soon as they bring them out onto the turntables? I gather pizza`s that have been sitting around would be a no go zone?

I`ve had severe gastro once this pregnancy, I don`t want it a second time so I`ve been extra careful ever since or try to be.

I've also eaten pizza hut pizza through both my pregnancies with no issue but they are usually home delivered so have the opportunity to newk them if I'm unsure but as Jillian says go the vegetarian if you are at all unsure - but yes go the fresh rather than ones that have been sitting.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I agree with others I order only vegetarian pizzas (Pizza Hut we pick up) - In their ovens cooking they heat to high temperature and it would kill any potential bugs I would imagine. They have a high turnover so would think it was fresh ingredients .

Meat is more likely to be a hazard.

A quite word to a manager asking for a fresh pizza when you get there - because your pregnant with definately no meat wouldn't be too much to ask and then take your slices as soon as it comes out so noone else handles it. I have asked before when they didn't have something I liked and it was never a problem.

Dee,

i have eaten pizza a few times throughout the pregnancy and i have been fine, i think that if you are eating in they normally bring the pizza straight to you when its cooked so it shouldnt be sitting around! i wouldnt go near the salad bar etc, you just dont know how long they have been sitting there for.
    Good luck!

I've had pizza more than a few times with no problem. I just have vegetarian ones.

Tulip, I cannot believe they said to you that they can't guarantee there is no meat on a vegetarian pizza. That's ridiculous. I'd be asking to speak to the manager. How rude!

Fee Guest

I ate Pizza Hut pizza about 2 months ago (with meat on it). I was a little wary. But I just zapped it in the microwave when we got it home to make sure it was extra hot. I thought it should be okay since the pizza cooks in a very hot oven - therefore killing any bacteria.

Even though I ate it and I was fine I don't think I would do it again. I just don't want to risk it.

I hear too many horror stories! But really I think it would probably be okay and you could get vegetarian to be a bit safer than meat.

Hmmm I really sound undecided about the whole thing don't I?!?!

Thank you girls for your advice.

Tulip - That`s dreadful that they can`t guarantee a vegie pizza wouldn`t have meat in it, I mean to say how hard is the request for NO meat!!!!!

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Deejoy17
    Tulip - That`s dreadguf that they can`t guarantee a vegie pizza wouldn`t have meat in it, I mean to say how hard is the request for NO meat!!!!!
    I've seen this written on their brochures etc - that they can't guarantee meat won't accidentally get on your pizza.

re the meat on vegetarian pizzas - I notice a lot of the pizza companies have on their home delivery pamphlets the little rider in tiny letters saying they won't guarantee the vege pizza has no meat on it.

I guess they do that to cover themselves so you can`t sue them

I've seen that fine print about meat on pizzas too. It really annoys me because we don't eat red meat at all... we haven't encounted any stray bits yet but if we did we would contact the manager and acknowledge the fine print but say that we won't be buying pizzas from their outlet again. I've worked in kitchens and i know things can get frantic but it's not impossible to make a meat free pizza.

I'd also be more wary of the salad bar too! Anything that the general public can touch is a big thing to avoid with me during pregnancy. Infact anything that the general public can breathe on is a worry and I wouldn't touch... that's just my thing... we all have our intuitive responses to food safety whilst pregnant i guess.

Sorry Dee but I wouldn't be eating pizza at all after my experience. I had really bad heartburt and upset stomach for days after eating just the vegie pizza. It could be just my stomach as I couldn't stomach chinese the other week but I would be very careful.