Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pram/ Strollers?

Default Pram/ Strollers?

Hi, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this but there doesn't seem to be anywhere it can really fit.

We are looking to buy a 3 wheeler pram (simply because they're more manouverable). We are considering either the Valco tri something or the Quinny buzz.

Does anyone have any feedback on either of these two prams or any positive/negative feedback on a great pram you bought? We want to get something soon but still aren't too certain on either.

Thank you.......

hi Moglie. Don't know anything about the Quinny but a couple of friends have the Valco - they complain about it being quite heavy to lift in and out of the car, and also that it doesn't fit through lots of supermarket aisles.

We've bought the Mountain Buggy Elite, which seems great - really light (well - comparatively!), easy to fold up and down, really easy to push etc.

Mia'sMummy Guest

Smile Hello there

Just wanted to give my opinion on the Valco's- they are easy to push & comfy for your bub but the back wheels are ssssoooo wide, makes it impossible to get around in shopping centres & has to go through special registers at the supermarket. I read some bad reviews about them before I got mine but thought 'it couldnt be that bad' but it is, I used to dread going to the shops with it... We bought ours before really investigating prams, so we used it for 5 months then bought a Bugaboo. The Bugaboo is so easy to use, I regret not buying it straight up because we now use that expensive Ice Pink Valco for walking on the biketracks!!
    I havent used the Quinny Buzz but have pushed it around our local baby store - I thought it was much easier to push than the Valco & so very stylish!! The Quinny Buzz's are for sale all the time on ebay & I always say to my Fiance' that they're so funky & I want one, he nearly chokes & calls me a 'pram junkie'
    I hope this has helped a litle

Mia'sMummy Guest

I agree with Lulu aswell, they are quite heavy to lift out of the car... forgot to mention that :P

I just laybyed a pram and had my heart set on a three wheeler, but when I went to the shop and pushed a few around, I found I tipped it really easily which scared me a lot, especially when I was pushing it with one hand, which you do often with prams. Even the really expensive one we were thinking of buying, it was $500 so it wasn't cheap and nasty or anything.

We ended up settling on a much cheaper steelcraft 4 wheeler. It doesn't have the 'bush bashing' wheels I really wanted for the beach and all the walking I do, but I just was so worried about manoevering a three wheeler through shops and up gutters with the tipping thing. I'm really happy with the pram we got, but I wanted one that could go anywhere.

The store guy wasn't very helpful either, he told me most women get a 4 wheeler for shopping and a three wheeler for walks, etc. I wasn't going to get two prams, that's for sure.

Did anyone else find this? They didn't have three wheelers around when I last had babies (I feel old! :P)

A girlfriend of mine had a 3 wheeler pram ( I can't remeber the brand) and it has tipped several times while we were walking. For my first, I had a Steelcraft pram which had 4 huge tyres on it. It was great for walking, but not so great at the shops as the wheels didn't swivel and I continually knocked things off the shelves as I went past!
    We bought a 4 wheeler Love n Care Adiva Sports Pram this time. It looks similar to the Bugaboo Camelion (I think that's the one) but only cost $469. It has the two larger tyres on the back, and smaller swivel wheels on the front. You can take the bassinet off and turn it around to face either way, and it comes apart into two pieces to fold it up which I find really useful as then it is not heavy to lift into the car. It is really light and easy to push, even with a heavy 14month old in it (I took my niece to try them all out to see how they were to push with a heavier baby in them).

ttcno2 Guest

I've got a three wheeler and never had any problems with tipping. (Steelcraft)
    I think it would be pretty hard to do? Obviously if you are going up and down curbs or something, you would be a little more careful, but otherwise it's fine.
    I love the 3 wheelers, i found them much easier to maneouvre around corners etc.

Moglie I have got a Phil and Ted's 3 wheeler, and it is unreal. It is light, so easy to fold, easy to steer, quite narrow compared to some three wheelers, I can fit through most cash registers still, and it does not tip or overbalance, plus it is pretty trendy looking, not daggy at all, and you can choose from about 5 or 6 colours.

I did have a steelcraft four wheeler, but when we started trying for # 2, I wanted a new pram for Jackson that would convert to a double and fell in love with the P&T. It is great because you can use it as a single pram, or just clip on the toddler seat to convert it to a double, but is a real 2nd seat that baby can nap in unlike most toddler seats where they sit upright.

If you are considering having any more kids in the future, get a Phil and Ted, I love em, love em love em!!!

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback. I will keep your comments in mind. We will hopefully go have a look at a few more over the weekend and then make our decision.
    Its amazing that for something that should be so simple, there is so much to consider. I never thought about seeing if it would fit through a supermarket register isle thing.

Thankyou all so much for your feedback. Hopefully I will have something to tell you all about on Monday.

I started with a Mother's Choice 3 wheeler but it took up so much room in my boot that I couldn't fit the portacot in when we went on holiday. I have since replaced it with a childcare vector reverse handle stroller and it's fantastic! most reverse handle strollers are hard to steer because of the location of the swivel wheels but on this you can choose which wheels swivel! it folds flatter than the 3 wheeler and lays back further too. go reverse handle so you can see what baby is up to, you are also more likely to notice when the drop something.

Another pram to consider is the Beema Q Elite which we bought. It folds up and downs so easily, easy to push and I had trouble tipping it over in the store (and I put it through it's paces. The shop assistant was staring at us. LOL). It fits into the boot of an ordinary sedan and it weighs 10-11kg so you can lift it in and out of the boot okay.
    Have fun shopping. I have banned myself because I'm getting out of control.

I have a Bertini Jet 3 wheeler, i love it. Its so easy to push around & i haven't had any probs with it tipping over & i even have a toddler seat on it, so it gets wobbled & jerked around a fair bit. Its very easy to fold away. The problem i do have with it is that it a bit heavy for me

HI I also have, on layby anyway, the Phil & Teds. I went Shopping with hubby and he was blown away by it. It is really well made and a lot of thought has gone into it. I'mglad to hear it hasn't tipped over for Min.

We went with a 3 wheeler because I don't drive at all, and needed something that would work on gras dirt and bad footpaths as well as in shopping centres. Plus it folds up quite small. DH freaked when I said I wanted the toddler seat, he doesn't seem to understand why. But one of my favourite features is the sun & rain covers will fit over the pram P & T with 2 kids in it, and you can fit up to a 3 and 5 year old in standard weight at the same time!

Prams like the Bugaboo, the first time I saw it, I thought it was fantastic and oh so cute, but after doing some research found it is definetly designed for good walking surfaces and shopping centres. I read a review written by a mum and she said if you want to go for proper walks don't bother, the wheels can't handle it, especially in reverse position, and it folds ok, but not if your using the basinette as that takes up heaps of room.

I think I've turned into a P&T Junkie. I love their porta cot too.

hi girls we have the Phil & Ted 3 wheeler and love it, the Beemer Q didnt fit in our boot and we have a MAzda 3 sedan. If you are after a cheap version of the bugaboo there is the Valco Rad or the Esprit. I love the Quinny Buzz if we had the money we would have bought that one.

I've had a phil & ted's for just over 2 years now and love it. We have the toddler seat but I don't put Tom in the pram much yet, mostly he goes in the sling. But very soon I'll start putting both boys in the pram. The times I've had them both in there together it has been great, certainly heavier than with just one LOL, but still very easy to maneouvre. And I haven't had any trouble with tipping over and with Jack the pram has had A LOT of use on A LOT of surfaces. I highly recommend it. I know heaps of people who have had others first and then bought that one wishing they'd gotten it first.

Hi,

I've just bought the Steelcraft Bayamo which is a Bugaboo style pram with two big wheels, two small ones. It was half price on www.babycarenursery.com.au because they are bringing out a newer model called the Strider. So it is still selling in Babies Galore for $550 but mine was $250! That includes bassinette aswell! I was tossing up betwen this one and the Phil and Teds so price became the deciding factor!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We spent several hours over the weekend looking at prams. We are going to get the Quinny Buzz. We found it the easiest for us to fold down & open up, and it will definitely fit into our car. Luckily for us we have a family member who has offered to contribute to the cost of it, so we are very grateful for that.

As a spare, we have also been given a 4 wheeler from Aldi, which they call the Higgledee. I wasn't too keen on it when they said it was from Aldi, but we got it all set up and it was actually the easiest to use out of everyone that we have tried. It only weighs 8.6 kgs and is very easy to use. Its not designed for outside walking, but to take to the shopping centre or as a spare for the inlaws/parents will be more than adequate. The other bonus with this is that it was only $99. Cheap yes, made in China yes, but on initial impressions it seems good. It also seems similar to a peg perego.

So Quinny & Aldi brand (as a spare) is all good.

Thank you so much for all your feedback, it has been greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Dan View Post
    Another pram to consider is the Beema Q Elite which we bought. It folds up and downs so easily, easy to push and I had trouble tipping it over in the store (and I put it through it's paces. The shop assistant was staring at us. LOL). It fits into the boot of an ordinary sedan and it weighs 10-11kg so you can lift it in and out of the boot okay.
    Have fun shopping. I have banned myself because I'm getting out of control.
    We bought this one too, and it's great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast