Thread: Pregnancy & hosiery

Sandra Guest

Default Pregnancy & hosiery

Dear All,

Quick question...

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and still able to wear standard hosiery (not maternity). Does anyone know if it is not advisable to have something that firm on your tummy (even though it doesn't feel restrictive).

Cheers

Sandra

Oh I'm not sure about that Sandra... I know there is special hosery for maternity, but I think that's mainly to help control oedema and swelling.... I would think there wouldn't be a problem as long as its not uncomfortable, but that is an uninformed opinion...

Christy

Orkids Guest

I've been wondering about stockings myself - the old holiday tan is wearing off and my only maternity skirt for work is knee lengh - things are starting to get ugly!

Sandra Guest

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your replies. I know what you mean about the summer tan wearing off Jessica!! Mine is virtually gone, but thankfully I'm off to Port Douglas on Saturday for two weeks, so that should give me back some colour.

I have been buying the extra large pantyhose and they seem to doing the trick (plenty of room around the middle). I'm 178cm anyway, so I fill the length easily.

The other option is hipsters, but I always feel like they are going to fall down.

If I could find some nice maternity pants I wouldn't have to worry about hosery. Doesn't anyone know of anywhere nice to buy maternity pants?? :-s I'm quite long in the leg and normally a size 12, but every pair of pants I try on seem to be quivalent to a size 22!! I just want some normal pants with a stretchy bit in the front. I'm too big for the belly belt now, so my normal pants aren't an option.

Cheers

Sandra

Orkids Guest

I really struggled to get a pair of decent black maternity pants, in the end I just ended up getting a pair from Target. They're just plain black pants with a bit of stretch, the waist is low, and kind of comes to a v under your belly. I'm tall too (5 foot 9) and they fit fine. I'm pretty fussy with my clothes, not normally a Target shopper, but these are OK.

PS - V jelous over your impending trip in Port Douglas!! We were a couple of hours south of there at Mission Beach in March & we didnt want to come home #-o

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Have you guys checked out Ebay for maternity wear? I have been able to buy brand new clothing there, name labels much cheaper. Check it out!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Sandra Guest

Thank Jessica,

I'll check out Target and see if I can find them. They sound more like what I want - sit under the tummy instead of under the boobs!!

I tried on a pair of maternity pants that were $200 - I was beginning to get desperate. If they had of been long enough (major problem for tall people) I probably would have got them. Properly a blessing they were (considering the small amount time that you wear them for).

Can't wait for our holiday - in less than a week I'll be lying on the beach reading a book!! It's things like that that people tell us to treasure, cause we won't be doing that for a long time after the bub arrives!

Cheers

Sandra

Orkids Guest

I actualy havent tried Ebay Kelly - I cant bring myself to buy something unless I try it on, so its not for me. I've gotten Myer direct & Ezibuy in the past, but they kicked my off the list for not buying anything!

There's always Stay-up tights which stay up all by themselves with no need for a garter belt! They have a fairly good range in Myer. They're not cheap, but I find they last quite a long time. V comfy coz nothing comes up over your belly.

woops! I just saw how old this topic is. LOL. don't mind me... I'm pregnant!! 8-[